Author Topic: Woodside Family (Ballynure, Carickfergus and Larne)  (Read 1769 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Woodside Family (Ballynure, Carickfergus and Larne)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Aunt's grandmother was Woodside of Castletown, Ballynure and I did family tree for her birthday just before she died (was nearly 100). Went as far back as her great-grandparents Archibald Woodside (1821-1903) and Mary Dickey (bon 1826).
If you let me know what names you are interested in I can check my files.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 23:27 GMT (UK) »
This is my Aussie Woodside thread from Co. Antrim - Alexander Woodside.married 1772 to Martha unknown. Their son James Woodside born 1787 married Catherine Isabella Brown in 1814. Their son was also James Woodside who married Margaret Molyneaux.
Sorry for lack of detail but my hard copy is buried. Big paint job and archive stuff every where.

Cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline allister1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 April 20 00:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks to everyone who has responded, though the only branch of the family connected to me in the messages, were William Woodside and family, who lived in West Division, Carrickfergus in 1911.

Offline John Woodside

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 August 23 07:19 BST (UK) »
I have a lot of information on the Woodsides from research in Australia

James Woodside (1787-1866)
James was my great-great-grandfather and was born on 4 March 1787 in Northern Ireland at or near Ballyclare.  He married Catherine Isabella Brown, daughter of Thomas Brown and Agnes McCrea, on 14 June 1814 at Carnmoney Presbyterian Church in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. He died on 18 May 1866 at West Street, Carrickfergus, at the age of 79 years, at the home of his son, David Woodside. He is buried at the North Road Cemetery, Carrickfergus, in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. In his will, he had effects under £800.