Author Topic: St Ibar (Crosstown) burial records from 1892 - 1907  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: St Ibar (Crosstown) burial records from 1892 - 1907
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 July 22 02:05 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have a plan that would show the layout of the cemetery and where the various sections and plots are located ?

I do, but God only know where it is.... plots only for the sections that were relevant to me,

You can easily get it from the town council in any case, or whatever it is called nowadays.... there is an office dealing with the graveyard. If you know that someone is buried there, and know the date of death, then it is quite straightforward to get them to look up the exact burial plot. From which you can also find out who else is buried in the same plot (the records were kept by person and by plot).

My grandfather lived in that graveyard in his youth in the 1910s. I would visit his sister who still lived there in the 1960s.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area