Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)  (Read 14879 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Finally got my text message from HM Gov!
Received at 19:58.

I have a dual SIM phone; one SIM is local Isle of Man; the other is ASDA Mobile!
Advice from HM Gov doesn't apply to me - I'll stick with IOM Gov messages.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 21:11 GMT (UK) »
We've been on lockdown in France for a week now, and are starting to get used to it: the conditions are very similar to UK, but we have to carry a signed/dated form stating our reason(s) for leaving the house. My husband normally works from home 2 days per week, so full-time isn't a huge change for us. Unfortunately the short notice meant our daughters couldn't get home from Strasbourg as they'd intended (one job-seeker, one uni student), but they're managing fine, although shops are barer in the city than here in the countryside.
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MrsS2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 21:17 GMT (UK) »
It's my first day at work tomorrow since the lockdown came into play.. Not quite sure what to expect.. Hopefully our PPE has all been delivered  :-\

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 21:29 GMT (UK) »

But I am a very positive person  ;D

Good point, eventually for some, it will be about building up an inner strength and resolve too.

Thanks Roobarb, you and all, take care.

Mark

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 22:02 GMT (UK) »
This has just come up

Department for Education
@educationgovuk
We have been informed some parents have received an email stating:

‘As schools will be closing, if you're entitled to free school meals, please send your bank details and we'll make sure you're supported’.

This is a scam email - do not respond, and delete immediately.

How low can these people get  :(

Be under no illusions, Gadget, there are no depths to which the thieving classes will not descend.
 >:(
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 22:06 GMT (UK) »
The distancing measures have been tightened up here in Ecuador.  No one [except essential personnel] allowed on the streets at all from 2 pm to 6 am.  You can go out to buy food or medicines in the morning but only if you're between 18 and 55 years old and only on the specific days determined by the last digit of your ID card number.

I'm pretty well fixed for food except dog food.  So I've put the dogs on a harsh rationing scheme.  They now get half dog food, half rice with a soup made from all vegetable peels, bones and other kitchen waste.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 22:06 GMT (UK) »
It's my first day at work tomorrow since the lockdown came into play.. Not quite sure what to expect.. Hopefully our PPE has all been delivered  :-\

Hi

All the very best, I hope You and your Colleagues get all the help and support your employer and the Government can give!

You all do a very great job, thank you! Many of us are not used to a real ITU where a whole Unit and side Wards full of people all gasping for breath on ventilators and the ITU Doctor saying look, this is the truth and what you will get, very moving!

Added: However, think of the lives you will save and help to save.

Only 14 months ago, my 81 year old Mother's influenza developed complications, I was a bit worried and a Nurse at the Hospital said to me we are not letting her go and was so positive and after being on an anti-biotic drip, my Mum improved was discharged and fully recovered and is doing well.

It is important for us all to keep a balanced mind too - Look at the Good going on, but also have a listening ear for those upset and troubled.

Best wishes Mark

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 22:15 GMT (UK) »
  I have been watching a bit more TV than usual (otherwise I would be spending too much time on the computer or reading, and the eyes need a rest.) I have been noticing a lot of very inappropriate adverts; "Let's all get together for a family meal with food from...." and "Book now for a round the world cruise!" I wonder when they will be withdrawn.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 22:25 GMT (UK) »
I have been noticing a lot of very inappropriate adverts; "Let's all get together for a family meal with food from...." and "Book now for a round the world cruise!" I wonder when they will be withdrawn.

Just on TV, in France you can be jailed for 6 Months if you break Quarantine Rules.