Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)  (Read 14898 times)

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 6 - Lockdown)
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Re MOT testing which was raised earlier in the thread the attached should help to clarify.

Key points seem to be for vehicles due from 30 March a 6 month extension. Those due before 30 March require testing unless self isolating. Still need to keep vehicles in roadworthy condition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51176409
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 10:38 GMT (UK) »
The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus and is displaying mild symptoms “but otherwise remains in good health”, Clarence House has said.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone for the help so far.   

The added difficulty is that he's still having to go in to work, so he's not even at home at the moment.  His housemate may be home from today though, and if so we'll try & get more information / talk her through it remotely. 

I'll update as & when I know more. 
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Treetotal ..

Thanks for posting those lyrics .. just the ticket to lighten the mood. ...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If you don't mind I would like to pass that on too?
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Carrying on from Colin thoughts, re Leaks.

It is amazing how many people, mainly Visitors or Renters don't put the shower screen to the inside of the bath roll, or Shower Screen / Curtain inside the bath.

Some will only wash their hair over a basin and with eyes shut are real splashers!

Some Visitors are used to Wet Rooms or have Sealed and Tiled upstairs Bathroom Floors.

Suddenly we are at home or it is a Bank Holiday or we call a Carpet Fitter to change the lino (or similar) floor covering and it is soaking wet trapped underneath the floor covering. So very occasionally no leak at all, or at worst as Colin says a worn out Screen seal, or Bath seal.

Leaks on Hot Water Pipework - Older UK Systems with A Header Tank / Cold Tank
After you turn off the Cold stop valve (stop tap) clockwise usually near the Water Meter (if you have a water Meter inside, some on newer meters are quarter turn valves) and if you have an older UK plumbing system with a Header Tank or Cold Feed Tank (mainly in the roof) that feeds an older Hot Water Cylinder / H/W Tank, you will need to drain the header tank by opening the hot taps when the leak is on H/W pipework, otherwise it will continue to leak until the Header Tank is empty - Older UK Plumbing Systems, sometimes known as Gravity (Low Pressure) Hot Water Systems.

Electric Shower
I try, if I remember to pull my Electric Shower cord off and turn the Shower setting to Cold and run the Shower Cold when turning the water back on after being away (sometimes it can stop the Electric Shower overheating until the air is purged/pushed out, when turning the main stop valve/tap back on).

Electrics
If in doubt regarding any electrics or the possibility of hidden electrical wiring / junctions under the floor being wet or in the wet area, it is a good idea anyway to SWITCH OFF the Main Electrical Consumer Unit / Fuse Box, especially whilst investigating or working with a water leak or unexplained wet and dampness.

Think Safe and Be Safe!

Mark

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Anent Prince Charles, I'm sure the locals will be over the moon at this family bringing Corona to Deeside. when folk with holiday homes & caravans are being told to stay away & self-isolation is the order of the day.

Skoosh.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone for the help so far.   

The added difficulty is that he's still having to go in to work, so he's not even at home at the moment.  His housemate may be home from today though, and if so we'll try & get more information / talk her through it remotely. 

I'll update as & when I know more.

Hopefully, it can't be extremely serious, he would still be there (like the Dutch boy with his finger in the Dyke, saving his Country's lowlands).

At Schools and Government Buildings and Manor Houses we've had a team of workmen / staff catching water in buckets (moving childrens work, furniture and valuables), whilst I & colleagues have been tracing pipework through a building to a Stop Valve (where the valve head was found broken off and never repaired) or to a field, driveway / pavement valve access (covered in tarmac / filled with soil) that we can shut off (pavement property boundary valves used to be a Water Authority Inspector's job, but they knew us). We'd check neighbouring properties in case they knew they shared a supply (as some have Medical Needs etc., for running mains water).

Offline MrsS2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 14:05 GMT (UK) »
It's my first day at work tomorrow since the lockdown came into play.. Not quite sure what to expect.. Hopefully our PPE has all been delivered  :-\

Hi

All the very best, I hope You and your Colleagues get all the help and support your employer and the Government can give!

You all do a very great job, thank you! Many of us are not used to a real ITU where a whole Unit and side Wards full of people all gasping for breath on ventilators and the ITU Doctor saying look, this is the truth and what you will get, very moving!

Added: However, think of the lives you will save and help to save.

Only 14 months ago, my 81 year old Mother's influenza developed complications, I was a bit worried and a Nurse at the Hospital said to me we are not letting her go and was so positive and after being on an anti-biotic drip, my Mum improved was discharged and fully recovered and is doing well.

It is important for us all to keep a balanced mind too - Look at the Good going on, but also have a listening ear for those upset and troubled.

Best wishes Mark
Thank you Mark,glad to hear your mum made a good recovery  :)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Treetotal ..

Thanks for posting those lyrics .. just the ticket to lighten the mood. ...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If you don't mind I would like to pass that on too?

I'm glad it made you smile as there appears to be very little to smile about just now., but we will get through it  :D

I am tired of having "Happy Birthday To You" going round and round in my head!  ;D

Yes of course you can, it was sent to me by a friend.

Take Care!

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU