Author Topic: Dalbeth Cemetary - where is it?  (Read 49854 times)

Offline vinty222

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dalbeth Cemetary - where is it?
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 12 February 09 17:44 GMT (UK) »
HI JACKY, MY NAME IS PATRICK MCGOWAN, THERE IS A LOT OF MY FAMILY IN DALBETH, OVER A LOT OF YEARS,, BUT I  WENT OVER ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO,  LOOKING AN AUNTS GRAVE, AND COULDN,NT FIND IT, BUT ILL GAVE YOU AN NUMBER TO RING WHICH I GOT , THEY CALL IT ( LAND AND INVIRONMENTAL SERVICES GLASGOW CITY COUNCIL   RICHMOND EXCHANGE- 20 CADOGAN STREET GLASGOW   G27AD      PHONE NUMBER 0141 287 9000, I NEVER GOT THERE YET, SO IF YOU GET TO DALBETH, WOULD YOU LOOK UP MY AUNTS GRAVE,, SHE WAS CALLED CATHERINE MCGOWAN, AND THE GRAVE IN ST, JOSEPHS PLOT NO 20, SHE WAS BURIED IN 1975,, I RECIEVED THE LETTER FROM THOSE PEOPLE I PHONED,   MY NAME IS PATRICK MCGOWAN, AND  I LIVE IN BELFAST, ,  ILL BE VERY HAPPY IF YOU CAN DO THIS FOR ME,

Offline vinty222

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 12 February 09 18:18 GMT (UK) »
 hi, margo im tring to see if you can help, my name is patrick mcgowan,  and you have answered me before, my aunt was buried in dalbeth in 1975, in st.josephs plot section 20, im one of the mcgowans from baillieston, and your relations might be related to me, thanks for looking at this
             pv mcgowan

Offline gerryfarrell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 13 February 09 03:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vinty,

Just to clarify a couple of points with you, Dalbeth Cemetery has been closed for many years now. I think your relations will be buried in St Peters which is the new part of the site and often gets refered to as Dalbeth.
This graveyard is still owned and maintained by the Roman Catholic Church. The cemeteries office at Glasgow will have the plot details for the purpose of registration however you may find you'll get more help in the actual location of your family lairs by contacting Sharon at the Arch Diocese of Glasgow.

196 Clyde Street Glasgow
G1 4JY

Tel: 0141 226 5898
Fax: 0141 225 2600

Gerry
Farrell / Mcpolan / Devlin / Flood / Kelly/ McGovern/ McCormick
Letham / Leatham / Cattanach/ ODonnell/ BoyleRoss/ McLeod
McAnaw/McInaw/McNay/ Finn/ Eliott
Pollock / Hyslop/ Elder/ Renfrew/ Hart/ Brydon

Motherwell / Anderson / Tradeston / Govan/ Bridgegate/ Aberdeen / Old Machar/ Lanarkshire/ Leadhills/ Penpont/ Muirkirk

1st Royals

Offline vinty222

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 13 February 09 16:19 GMT (UK) »
 hi gerry already got the no, of the plot, my aunt was buried in st, josephs plot in st, peters .   the no, of thesection was 20 st.josephs plot, just would like to no what way you would go if you go threw the front gates, thank you
                       pmcgowan

Offline vinty222

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 09 August 09 10:24 BST (UK) »
 hi my name is patrick mcgowan, i wonder if i could get in touch, i wrote to you before,             pmcgowan

Offline gerryfarrell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 09 August 09 17:29 BST (UK) »
Sure Patrick, I'll Pm you with my email address.

Gerry
Farrell / Mcpolan / Devlin / Flood / Kelly/ McGovern/ McCormick
Letham / Leatham / Cattanach/ ODonnell/ BoyleRoss/ McLeod
McAnaw/McInaw/McNay/ Finn/ Eliott
Pollock / Hyslop/ Elder/ Renfrew/ Hart/ Brydon

Motherwell / Anderson / Tradeston / Govan/ Bridgegate/ Aberdeen / Old Machar/ Lanarkshire/ Leadhills/ Penpont/ Muirkirk

1st Royals

Offline rocky1951

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 26 October 09 18:19 GMT (UK) »
THERE ARE ACTUALLY TWO CEMETERIES BESIDE EACH OTHER.THE ORIGINAL DALBETH CEMETERY WHICH IS SMALLER AND ST PETERS CEMETERY DALBETH.PEOPLE ARE OFTEN CONFUSED AND SAY DALBETH CEMETERY WHEN THEY ACTUALLY MEAN ST PETERS.

Offline rocky1951

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 26 October 09 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patrick have just come across  this site and saw your email regarding a Catherine McGowan.I think this may be the same person I knew many years ago.When Iwas about 6 or 7 my parents were asked by the parish priest if they could give a room to a Catherine McGowan who was staying with the Good Shepherd Nuns in  Bishopton.she came to live with us for a few years and worked in the Richmond Park Laundry.She later got her own house in Craigend and then went to The Little Sisters at Robroyston.I can remember attending her funeral in 1975 but unfortunately the Little sisters plot does not have any headstones other than the central one in the middle of the plot which is quite a large plot.

Offline vinty222

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 08:22 GMT (UK) »
hi rocky recieved your message, about catherine, she was a laundry worker, im trying to find all about her, maybe u can help, she was my late fathers eldest sister, and i never new about her, as the rest of family came to belfast when she was about 19, i no she had down as next of kin  a  mclean from millar street baillieston,, they were mcgowans as well,, hope you can help me, im a mcgowan as well,  let me no if you need my email,
                       pv, mcgowan