Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 7 - Lockdown)  (Read 12257 times)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 7 - Lockdown)
« Reply #153 on: Monday 30 March 20 14:17 BST (UK) »
I have absolutely no idea what plans our local council has in place, nor whether they are doing anything to help any poor soul out there because they haven't told us a thing. Nothing on the local news and no communication from them. I only found out that they were stopping collecting the green garden rubbish bins because I went on line to check which coloured bin was due out last week.

I'm sure or should I say, I hope they have some plans in place and are doing something. It would be nice if we were told what.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Monday 30 March 20 14:44 BST (UK) »
I have looked at my councils website  to see what is going on.  They have a page for Coronavirus and Council Service Updates, it seems to be quite informative.  All bin collections running as normal at the moment. 

I suppose we should be looking at these websites as the only alternative would be for the council to spend money mailing everyone.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Monday 30 March 20 15:11 BST (UK) »
I was referring to a Department structure to deal with major incidents.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Monday 30 March 20 15:21 BST (UK) »
I have absolutely no idea what plans our local council has in place, nor whether they are doing anything to help any poor soul out there because they haven't told us a thing. Nothing on the local news and no communication from them. I only found out that they were stopping collecting the green garden rubbish bins because I went on line to check which coloured bin was due out last week.

I'm sure or should I say, I hope they have some plans in place and are doing something. It would be nice if we were told what.

Emeltom

https://liverpool.gov.uk/

https://liverpool.gov.uk/communities-and-safety/emergency-planning/coronavirus/
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Monday 30 March 20 15:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you. However what do you do if you don't have access to a computer?

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:13 BST (UK) »
Phew! Garden waste bin collected / emptied as usual today ... so I can fill it up with ( joy of joys) MORE WEEDS!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Monday 30 March 20 16:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you. However what do you do if you don't have access to a computer?

Emeltom

I'm not sure about Liverpool, but up here there's lots of info on the local news - TV and radio - and in local press (free or otherwise)

Also, lots of neighbourhood groups have started up to try and identify and support those in need of help.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Monday 30 March 20 20:42 BST (UK) »
My sons just come off night shift nursing Covid-19 patients...... Message to Mr. Johnson and his government ' Get NHS staffs protective gear sorted'

It's no better, apparently, in Wales where health is a devolved matter.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 10:26 BST (UK) »

Just had recycling and garden waste bins emptied.  I must say our District Council has been very good.
I’m sorry to hear that some of you seem to have been left with no help, very worrying  :(

We have all had a card through the door giving details of our ‘ Local Volunteer Hub’.  With a phone number.  The hub can help with, picking up shopping; not sure how that works in practice, presumably you still have to order and pay, they will collect and deliver.
Picking up medication.
A friendly phone call.

There is also a separate number to call if you are concerned for a neighbour.

Pretty basic but it’s early days yet. So, a big thumbs up at the moment 👍
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins