Author Topic: Where did she go or what happened to her?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Where did she go or what happened to her?
« on: Sunday 29 March 20 18:28 BST (UK) »
Looking for Susanna Dalby was baptised in St Peters & St Pauls Exton Rutland on 1 Aug 1819 to Thomas Dalby and wife Mary (nee Newbold) she was their first child........then nothing ::)

'Potentially' she 'could be' the 20yr old in  St Matthew, Ipswich, Suffolk in the home of John Bantoft, wife and children although 'I think' it is claimed she was born in country ( Suffolk)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where did she go or what happened to her?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 March 20 18:42 BST (UK) »
A Susanna Dalby married a Thomas Sarson, Feb 1844 Leicester

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 March 20 18:54 BST (UK) »
A Susanna Dalby married a Thomas Sarson, Feb 1844 Leicester

She was 41, with a father called John.

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 March 20 19:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kloumann and thanks SmallTownGirl at least that excludes me researching  that one further

I see more then one Susanna and Thomas Sarson in Leicester, only one Susanna born in Rutland living Oxford Street Leicester but she was born 2 decades before 'my' Susanna Dalby.

Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 March 20 10:54 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this is the same person, but there is a burial of Sarah Dalby in Exton on 12th April 1821, born 1819.

I was wondering if this might be a clerical error because there is no baptism for a Sarah Dalby in Exton or elsewhere in Rutland around 1819.

David.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 March 20 14:21 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this is the same person, but there is a burial of Sarah Dalby in Exton on 12th April 1821, born 1819.

I was wondering if this might be a clerical error because there is no baptism for a Sarah Dalby in Exton or elsewhere in Rutland around 1819.

David.

Ummmmmmmm, you could potentially be right...I have seen Exton records and do have the details (DE3012/9 vicar Charles Elloitt) and unusually it doesn't state parents names and you are correct there is no Sarah Dalby baptised in Exton and no other Sarah Dalby to any of the Dalby families in or round Exton. There is one Sarah Dolby born Castleton but she is alive and well on the 1841 census

Thanks