Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 8 - Lockdown)  (Read 11731 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 7 - Lockdown)
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 22:55 BST (UK) »
Would that be Omeprazole?
A capsule? It inhibits the production of excess acid.
Just been taken off it as it has been discovered it thins the bones and as I have been on it for eleven years ,Osteoporosis quite severe now!
On Ranitidine now.
 Ought to have two per day but if I am careful can manage with one, so getting a little stockpile as when I get a bad bout it can last for days and days  so if a  shortage , I won’t  know if it is severe indigestion or another
heart attack,as with the first one!
A bit of a worry ,repeat prescriptions.
Hope everyone is alright , goodnight .
Viktoria.
P.S.
Zantac is Ranitidine and that is difficult to find as has been Windeze.
I wonder why?
V.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 02 April 20 10:08 BST (UK) »
The ranitidine problem started last October when multiple batches had to be recalled due to impurities being found during routine testing.  It takes a long time to come back from such an issue by the time the reason for the impurity is found fixed and then manufacturing and testing catch up again.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 02 April 20 10:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pharma,as you say it has been a problem for a while.
But had no idea why.

Hope you and yours are O.K.
How is the home schooling going?
It is so silent near me ,usually lots of children’s voices.
Cars parked nose  to tail all down the road ,as people not working.

Old lady next door victim of an opportunist yesterday, I had to call the Police.

Cheerio, thanks for the info.
Viktoria.

Online ReadyDale

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 02 April 20 10:19 BST (UK) »
I got a 30 k sack of dog food and 2 k of flour today.  Now, if I can just track down some coffee ....
I know that in these times "needs must" and all that, but that sounds like a very weird recipe. Like something off of Masterchef

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 02 April 20 10:25 BST (UK) »
  I just got a text from the medical practice - they are starting an on-line advice service. My first thought was, what took them so long. The same with phone consultations, which they had started doing as a callback arrangement. I had an appointment at a hospital eye clinic next week. The doctor rang me yesterday and talked through it. Not the same of course, but reassuring.
   Pharma - thank you for your knowledgeable replies on this thread.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 02 April 20 14:50 BST (UK) »
The doctor who's regularly on This Morning (can't remember her name or exactly what she is) said today that they're having distribution problems. Doesn't help I know, just hope they soon get it sorted out.

They've been saying that for 10 days or more - Wee Jimmy Krankie has just done a news bulletin on tv and she's saying 'hopefully by the end of April'!! My god, that's 4 weeks away!

I'm getting the impression that someone somewhere has made an almighty distribution boo boo and that this PPE equipment, together with the testing kits, are sitting in the back of a lorry somewhere in a layby on the M1. What is it about this country? Once upon a time we led the world with our efficiency and ability to organise. Now the words 'brewery' and 'p--s up' spring to mind.

I blame the education system...but I won't go there for now!!

By the way, I'm no Tory but I'm worried about Boris! I was watching a late night news prog last night and someone said he'd looked 'very poorly'. I may not agree with his politics, but I quite like Boris - he's an individual. I hope he's okay.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 8 - Lockdown)
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 02 April 20 15:01 BST (UK) »
Just got an appointment for a telephone conference with my Urology consultant - I have kidney stones.
Set for 20th April - that saves me a trip to hospital!

I'm also due for blood tests soon - might have to give them a miss?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 02 April 20 15:59 BST (UK) »
We might not have got the PPE equipment or the testing sorted as it should be but in terms of .... quote from jillruss

'Once upon a time we led the world with our efficiency and ability to organise....'

a little harsh when they've converted a concert venue into a hospital fully functional in a week! I'd say that was pretty good and a smart move to get the army involved who are used to doing this sort of thing, so I'd say a big well done for that effort. We admired the Chinese for building a hospital in 10 days but we've had the forethought to use a building that's already there and huge, isolated and fit for purpose.

I have to agree that Boris was looking decidedly under the weather when he appeared on tv briefly last night. Let's hope he recovers soon and gets things back on track. The other members of government who have been doing the daily briefings have all stuck to their guns even when asked some rediculous questions by the media and now as it's done remotely thankfully they can't come back with more dumb questions.

Sorry I know we shouldn't be political on here but just felt the need to respond!

Carolibe
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 02 April 20 16:18 BST (UK) »
I think it's understandable that anyone with a loved one working in this area without PPE would feel like lashing out. Not sure who is responsible for all this and that seems to be the problem, no-one knows. The same with testing kits, Germany has rolled them out for huge numbers but we don't seem to be making any progress. There is more and more criticism of the government and hopefully the pressure on them will soon bear fruit.

I don't have any strong political views, I think they're faced with a horrendous task and I just hope they can come up with the goods (literally!).
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales