Author Topic: Laverick Hall Farm - Northumberland, on the south east side of Blyth  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Laverick Hall Farm - Northumberland, on the south east side of Blyth
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 August 23 09:49 BST (UK) »
I have now seen the PM that you sent. I do not recognise the surname that you mentioned.

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 August 23 10:23 BST (UK) »
With the surname that you were helping with, there are 3 mentions on the North East Inheritance Database:

Thomas ROWELL, yeoman, of Laverick Hall in the county of Northumberland [Horton, Northumberland]

Date of probate: 15 November 1743

John ROWELL, yeoman, of Laverick Hall in the chapelry of Horton in the county of Northumberland [Horton, Northumberland]

Date of probate: 1776

James ROWELL, yeoman, of Lavericks Hall in the chapelry of Matfen town and county of Newcastle upon Tyne [Matfen, Northumberland]

Date of probate: 3 December 1808

This may be information that you already have covered, and may be some of the people you refer to.

Offline AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 17 August 23 13:13 BST (UK) »
With the surname that you were helping with, there are 3 mentions on the North East Inheritance Database:

Thomas ROWELL, yeoman, of Laverick Hall in the county of Northumberland [Horton, Northumberland]

Date of probate: 15 November 1743

John ROWELL, yeoman, of Laverick Hall in the chapelry of Horton in the county of Northumberland [Horton, Northumberland]

Date of probate: 1776

James ROWELL, yeoman, of Lavericks Hall in the chapelry of Matfen town and county of Newcastle upon Tyne [Matfen, Northumberland]

Date of probate: 3 December 1808

This may be information that you already have covered, and may be some of the people you refer to.

Thank you --- yes I found these when I was researching. :)

Offline Ian McL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 12 September 23 13:57 BST (UK) »
I'm working on the Rowell family from my late father in law, Dr Henry Snowden Rowell. It seems that the relevant hall is certainly Laverock Hall, now Laverock Hall Farm, south west of Blyth at a roundabout between the A192 and A1061. Laverick Hall, south of Hebburn is a more substantial structure.
My only (unconfirmed) Laverock reference is Joseph Rowell, 1716-1776, who married his second wife Elizabeth Forster at Horton by Blyth and died 7 February 1776 Laverock Hall, Blyth.