Author Topic: Stay Home Stay Safe (Part 9)  (Read 11916 times)

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 9 - Lockdown)
« Reply #54 on: Friday 10 April 20 05:29 BST (UK) »
I watched three officers this morning chasing motorists who intended parking on the road near the park and walking in as the car park is closed. Police Scotland would make short work of this Matt Hancock!  People are not permitted to visit their caravans/holiday homes for any reason, hence the furore over Scotland's Health Officer who had to resign & has to report herself to the Health Board for ignoring her own advice! I won't get anywhere near my holiday home until this is all over!

Skoosh.

Matt Hancock is one of the people who made and interpet the new regulations, the police go to him to find out what the regulations mean if there is any doubt.

You mention "three officers this morning chasing motorists who intended parking" how did the three officers know the motorists were intending to park and walk in the park, are they mind readers?
Are there parking restrictions on the road?
Could parking on that road cause an obstruction?
Was the park closed under a bylaw?

Driving for to a place of exercise is different from going to a holiday home.

Scotland's chief medical officer resigned (Her choice Nicola Sturgeon had already said she would not sack her) for going against her own advice not to visit holiday homes not for driving, they spoke to her but did not charge her or fine her. She was an adviser not a MSP

I will not be going anywhere near my holiday home either, but that is a different subject.

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 9 - Lockdown)
« Reply #55 on: Friday 10 April 20 07:38 BST (UK) »
The Tory on Question Time last night couldn't have been clearer. Stay at home & exercise near home & do not drive anywhere for exercise!

How did the three officers know these motorists intended to enter the park? The Polis were manning the closed car-park gate till people get the message. So some folk park on the road outside, as they do when the car-parks are full. Fairly obvious really!  they were sent home to think again!
 As for the Chief Medical Officer, of course she is not an MSP, & has to report herself to the Medical board for a caution by the police, she lost her job & shouldn't have been driving to her home in Fife whether she stayed or not!
STAY AT HOME
Skoosh.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Stay Home Stay Safe (Part 9)
« Reply #56 on: Friday 10 April 20 08:30 BST (UK) »
I've modified the title of this topic, and of the board itself to make it less stressful for people who may wish to distance themselves from being reminded of this current situation continuously.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 10 April 20 08:49 BST (UK) »
When you're feeling confined and stir crazy, just remember what our ancestors endured.  Some of mine were trapped for almost a month in steerage with a three-year-old and a one-year-old on the ship Victoria.  It sailed from Liverpool on 5 April 1834 and docked in New York on 3 May.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01pay/

This is something I have been thinking about too especially when I hear people complaining about being stuck indoors with their children. Early trips to Australia from UK ports could take three or four months, and when they arrived they would be quarantined either onboard at sea or moved to an offshore island for three weeks.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 10 April 20 09:09 BST (UK) »
Yes,sorting my Fam Hist stuff I was reminded of ancestors ,brothers and wives and their families who sailed to Australia on 1853 The Harriet,
Feb3 rd to May 3 rd or thereabouts then a month in quarantine aboard.
Four months.
A baby  died and another was born during the voyage.
How did they cope with nappies ,washing etc .
And on a relatively small ship too.
Makes you think .

Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 10 April 20 09:14 BST (UK) »
From what  understand a lot of people are doing jobs they didn't intend to do, like me, I washed my car yesterday, can't remember the last time I did, gave me a good feeling though, sorting out, nowhere to take it at the moment, shredding, gosh I won't last at this rate, I will be exhausted,  a couple along the road are decorating, we are also, well my husband is,   so people do seem to be putting their time to good use

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Friday 10 April 20 10:11 BST (UK) »
From what  understand a lot of people are doing jobs they didn't intend to do, like me, I washed my car yesterday, can't remember the last time I did, gave me a good feeling though, sorting out, nowhere to take it at the moment, shredding, gosh I won't last at this rate, I will be exhausted,  a couple along the road are decorating, we are also, well my husband is,   so people do seem to be putting their time to good use

Louisa Maud

Louisa Maud  :o Slow down dear !   :D  We’ve a long way to go yet.  Says I, just starting on those drawers  ??? you know the ones we all have, full of candle ends, odd batteries, paper clips, perished rubber bands, bits of string not long enough to be useful.  I have found the lost button from hubbies jacket, except he no longer has the jacket  ;D

All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 10 April 20 10:13 BST (UK) »

Louisa Maud

Louisa Maud  :o Slow down dear !   :D  We’ve a long way to go yet.  Says I, just starting on those drawers  ??? you know the ones we all have, full of candle ends, odd batteries, paper clips, perished rubber bands, bits of string not long enough to be useful.  I have found the lost button from hubbies jacket, except he no longer has the jacket  ;D

Oh yes, we've got ages yet, and lockdown won't be released all in one go so rest in between times.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 10 April 20 10:16 BST (UK) »
I've modified the title of this topic, and of the board itself to make it less stressful for people who may wish to distance themselves from being reminded of this current situation continuously.

Trystan

I appreciate the title change, thank you 🙏 After watching How Clean is Your House last evening I had a major wobble and sleepless night. 
Feeling much better this morning, sun is shining, laundry on the line, drawer sorting underway. Coffee and Rootschat. Happy days...  :D
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins