Author Topic: English with a R1A-Z94-Y52 YDNA  (Read 568 times)

Offline Taylor94

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grt grt grandfather, after capture WW1
    • View Profile
English with a R1A-Z94-Y52 YDNA
« on: Thursday 09 April 20 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hello

Any English males have the YDNA clade of R1A-Z94-Y57/Y52?

I've been told that this clade is quite uncommon to have in Europe especially in the west where most males are R1B or I YDNA and if they did have R1A it would be mostly the Germanic/Balto-Slav clades of R1A and not the Z94 clade which is the most easterly clade of R1A having formed in the area of modern day Kazakhstan and Iran.

As far as I can see, this clade isn't found in Celt/Germanic/Scando burials where most males found are R1B or I, with some R1a.
The only studies I've seen of Y57 being found, is mainly in Scytho-Sarmatian burial kurgans in the Caucasus/Steppes and Southern Russia.

I've seen a few people say that the most likely way this YDNA entered England was by the 5,000 Sarmatians who were exiled to England in 175AD by Marcus Aurelius. They apparently had a settlement at Ribchester and after their 20yr service they were not allowed to leave England so stayed.
Another theory was that it could have came across during the conquest of 1066 with a frank who had a Scytho-Alanic YDNA. The Alans were a similar group to the Sarmatians and travelled west from the pontic step, some settled in Northern France and some went into Spain with the vandals.

My paternal line is traced on paper back to Warwickshire in the Early 1700s with the very common surname of Taylor. As this is an occupational surname and one of the most common in the English speaking world, anybody of any YDNA line could have it so I cant really narrow a name genetically.

I did get in contact with someone who shared my closest known clade of Y1270/Y1269 and he has the surname Gibson although this link must match us back over 1000 years so a different surname is unusual.
Richard Dudley of Cosby. Gent
George Bent of Cosby. Gent
William Black of Kilby. Gent
Bernard Cotton of Dadlington. Esq
Sir Thomas Halford of Wistow. Bart
Richard Swynfen of Sutton Cheney. Gent
John Cotes of Aylestone. Gent
John Freeston of East Norton. Gent
Sir John Bernard of Abington.
Edward Shuckburgh of Naseby. Esq
Richard Worsley of Deeping. Esq
Thomas Hobson of Glen. Gent
John Grant of Stretton Parva. Gent
John Miles of Heanley Hall. Gent
Thomas Dabridgecourt. Esq
Sir Clement Edmondes

Offline Sunseeker65

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: English with a R1A-Z94-Y52 YDNA
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 April 24 14:59 BST (UK) »
well not english but at least european. I am from Switzerland. Seems we are close cousins from long times ago ;). Hard to find somebody belonging to our line here in Europe

Offline Taylor94

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grt grt grandfather, after capture WW1
    • View Profile
Re: English with a R1A-Z94-Y52 YDNA
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 April 24 19:57 BST (UK) »
Are you the swiss person on yfull which also has y1269?

It's the furthest known clade on this line that's been recorded.

It's seems fairly certain this is a "Sarmatian/Scythian" clade from what's been found so far. Quite rare in west Europe and central Europe. Even in East Europe it's rare in r1a found there, which is normally the western clades. It's one of the furthest east clades of r1a which entered Europe.
Richard Dudley of Cosby. Gent
George Bent of Cosby. Gent
William Black of Kilby. Gent
Bernard Cotton of Dadlington. Esq
Sir Thomas Halford of Wistow. Bart
Richard Swynfen of Sutton Cheney. Gent
John Cotes of Aylestone. Gent
John Freeston of East Norton. Gent
Sir John Bernard of Abington.
Edward Shuckburgh of Naseby. Esq
Richard Worsley of Deeping. Esq
Thomas Hobson of Glen. Gent