Author Topic: ScotlandsPeople - 14 credits available for anyone , to be used by April 30.  (Read 825 times)

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hello,
I have 14 credits available on ScotlandsPeople to be used by April 30th 2020 and are happy to give these to anyone who would like to obtain certificate/s.

Please send me a PM with full details.

Keep safe, keep well.
Bonnie

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ScotlandsPeople - giveaway of credits
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 April 20 07:27 BST (UK) »
I got all excited for a moment and thought they were giving away credits - until about 4 years ago they'd give away a few every year.

I reckon they should give me Gold Club member status - I have over 33 pages of records I've purchased!

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 April 20 07:38 BST (UK) »
"I have over 33 pages of records I've purchased!"

So you have not long started. I have 3 A4 ring binders full, so you have a bit of catching up.  ::) ::) ::)

Malky

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 April 20 07:50 BST (UK) »
Indeed!

I've got better at navigating Scottish records through the LDS Family History Centres, so have managed to curtail the expenditure a bit that way.

33 pages equates to 330 records, but some of the wills are long.

My first purchase from ScotlandsPeople was a will I purchased on a hunch, and it was a brick wall smasher.  It was 10 pages long and full of interesting detail, but didn't give me any clues about the deceased's late wife.  None of the executors and trustees of the 7 surviving children, ranging in age from 4 to 14 were from the mother's family.

I stumbled across some research from a distant cousin and managed to find a way to contact him.  The reason there were no executors from her side is because she'd been orphaned quite young, as had her nearest relative who went to London in his teens to take up an apprenticeship.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 April 20 08:13 BST (UK) »
It is a kind offer, Bonnie.  I usually have a few available.

I've just checked and I have 569 pages that go back to 30/07/2003 - a 4 x great uncle's death. I know that when they changed the site, a few were lost so there should be more. That's a lot of £££s.

I have helped others too, though, and did a study of a local community in Wester Ross.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***