Author Topic: Hello everyone, I am looking for help with my Elliot family research  (Read 1251 times)

Offline amandria

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Its been a while since I was last on here, And I just want to say that I am so over joyed with all the help I got last time in seeking out my kindred dead.. what amazing and beautiful souls we have on here.. This is my first attempt at seeking out my Elliot side of my family...

All I have at the moment to go on is my grandmother Doris, she was born Doris Elliot and married my grandfather.. Cyrus Bunney.. My nana was born in Montague street Hartlepool in 1914 on the 14th of December.  she was only two days old when the Bombardment of Hartlepool hit and all of the surrounding town  areas too... its very historical and many lives were lost.. but luckily enough... My nana and her family were safe.. and im so glad they were, otherwise I would not be here to tell the story haha I suffer real bad with Anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder and I find it hard to focus properly and this is why im always looking for some help and guidance and some support in learning how to become a better family history researcher... so I will be ever so grateful for any help given, thank you in advance.. Also I always keep my eyes open for any one who may have any family connections to my family lines... I have met many cousins in my research 

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone, I am looking for help with my Elliot family research
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 April 20 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hello,

This is likely to be Doris’s birth registration:
March quarter 1915 Hartlepool vol 10a pg 319 Doris Elliott
Mmn Copeman

This might then be her parents’ marriage
June quarter 1914 vol 10a pg 231
William T Elliott and Mary Copeman

Does any of this sound familiar? Do you have her father’s name from her marriage certificate?
At all times, you do need to check certificates but the above may help.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline amandria

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 April 20 14:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for that, I do know that she had a relative who was an headmaster of a school called Peter Copeman but do not know yet how they are connected.. Ive just got on to ancestry, so will try and find out what I can and then Ile share my findings..  Thank you Heywood

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 April 20 14:43 BST (UK) »
Sounds good  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk