Author Topic: Alice R Evans  (Read 852 times)

Offline MaccaAddison

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alice R Evans
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 April 20 08:19 BST (UK) »
The whole page is the same writing.

Annette

Hi Annette

Thanks for replying, the writing is different on the copy that i am looking at.

Many thanks

Mark

In a darker ink further down the page, maybe a different  ‘enumerator’ .  I am not sure why you think that the entries being written by the same person is relevant to your search.

Sorry Annette my mistake, i assumed it perhaps signified a link.

Many thanks

Offline MaccaAddison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 April 20 08:51 BST (UK) »
Hi I think from the 1911 in Reading, Alice Rose Wilsher was born India, and dies Dec qtr 1996 Poole, Dorset born 20th November 1907 as Alice Rose Evans.
Keyboard86

Thanks Keyboard. Interestingly her father on the 1911 record lists Bedfordshire as his place of birth. Which is where George Evans originated from. Struggling to find him on any census records prior to 1911. I have found school record and army, but nothing else. I have ordered a copy of the marriage certificate relating the marriage identified but now want to track the family back to Bedfordshire to see any link. Many thanks for your help and support

Mark

guest189040

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 April 20 09:32 BST (UK) »
Hi I think from the 1911 in Reading, Alice Rose Wilsher was born India, and dies Dec qtr 1996 Poole, Dorset born 20th November 1907 as Alice Rose Evans.
Keyboard86

Thanks Keyboard. Interestingly her father on the 1911 record lists Bedfordshire as his place of birth. Which is where George Evans originated from. Struggling to find him on any census records prior to 1911. I have found school record and army, but nothing else. I have ordered a copy of the marriage certificate relating the marriage identified but now want to track the family back to Bedfordshire to see any link. Many thanks for your help and support

Mark

There are records for a George online in Ancestry for each census 1871 to 1911 inclusive in the 1891 census he is boarding in Reading with occupation listed as Baker.  Early census records have multiple GE’s born in Toddingon around the 1870 date.

There is an Alice Taylor in Wokingham with parents William (Carpenter) and Emma in 1891 who may be GeorgesWife

Offline MaccaAddison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 April 20 10:09 BST (UK) »
Keyboard86

Mark

There are records for George online in Ancestry for each census 1871 to 1911 inclusive.

Sorry Colin, i didn't write that particularly well. I meant her father - Fred Wilsher Hall.

Many thanks

Mark