Author Topic: William Tuckwood 1756 - 1835  (Read 370 times)

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Tuckwood 1756 - 1835
« on: Monday 13 April 20 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, Happy Easter to you all.
I would like to run this past you all to see what you think. I've been trying to tie up loose ends but I don't know if I'm right.
WT married Amy Dring 13 July 1779 in Welby. At that time he was a Labourer for Farmer John Watson. I have a doc which states Farmer Watson paid for the license to marry Amy. On the marriage image it says" Of Manthorpe near Grantham"
There was also a "Thomas Tuckwood" who married Sarah Chambers 24th Nov 1783 in Grantham. On his marriage image it says "Of Manthorpe near Grantham" He was on the 1841 census bap 1762.This is important for further along.
Amy died 1799 and WT married Elizabeth Bee 1801. Elizabeth died 1810 in Welby and I tried to find a burial for WT in Welby, Rauceby and Notts. and Lincs. but nothing. I widened the search and found a burial for 19th Nov 1814 Waltham on the Wolds Leicestershire. The birth year was 1759. I looked on the map to see where WW was and found it was a stones throw from Manthorpe.
I decided to search for a baptism in Leic'shire and found a William Twickwood bap 8 April 1756 at Knipton Leic'shire. I looked on the map and found that Knipton was a stones throw from Manthorpe. Parents were William and Dorothy. I looked on the Leic'shire parish records online and found his siblings. One of those siblings was Thomas bap 1769.
Could this Thomas be the one who married Sarah Chambers all be it this was his bap.year and not his birth year?
I found a burial for William Twickwood Aug 10 1783 in Knipton….father or son?
I'm really interested in what you all think.
Maggie

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Tuckwood 1756 - 1835
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 April 20 15:20 BST (UK) »
On FreeReg it has William's second marriage to Elizabeth Bell 4/7/1801 not Bee. I noticed on the original record it had Bee, but then she made her mark so would not have known if it was spelt correctly or not.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks