Author Topic: Ingram Family of Ballyroney, Co. Down  (Read 2763 times)

Offline doolittle72

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ingram Family of Ballyroney, Co. Down
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 19:57 BST (UK) »
Nary Annie or Mina as she was known was the last surviving child (as far as I know) of Samuel and Eliza Jane (Stewart) Ingram.  Samuel died in 1931 and Eliza Jane before that.

Thank you for continuing to search for the family for me

Doolittle72

Offline RWLynch12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 November 21 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Im a direct descendant of John Ingram (b1842) gt gt gt gf, through his son William (b1868) gt gt gf all the way to my mum who was an Ingram until marriage.

Feel free to chat.

R

Offline doolittle72

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 November 21 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Nice to make your acquaintance again.  I am still working on this family but COVID19 has got in the way somewhat as I will need to visit to be able to progress much more.
There is definitely a lack of available records before 1820's.
Will keep on going as you should too!
Doolittle72

Offline Jeingram

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 13 February 23 01:49 GMT (UK) »
I know this thread is from 2020 but if yous are still looking info, not sure how much use this’ll be but Mina (Annie) and Samuel are my (don’t know how many great greats) grandparents. Can ask my da. If it helps at all, I know offhand Annie’s maiden name was Hunter. Annie was a schoolteacher in the wee schoolhouse on Church Hill a wee bit outside of Rathfriland (signposted as “the Brontë Homeland”).

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 11 April 23 09:36 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline James Ingram

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 21:32 BST (UK) »
I know this thread is from 2020 but if yous are still looking info, not sure how much use this’ll be but Mina (Annie) and Samuel are my (don’t know how many great greats) grandparents. Can ask my da. If it helps at all, I know offhand Annie’s maiden name was Hunter. Annie was a schoolteacher in the wee schoolhouse on Church Hill a wee bit outside of Rathfriland (signposted as “the Brontë Homeland”).

Your great grandparents, JE  ;D

Annie died 1947, of a stroke, in Belfast, having moved there with husband Samuel Howard during the war years. At the time she was the headmistress of a school on Belfast's Shore Road, having previously been headmistress in a school at Leitrim (Co.Down) and another at Kilkinamurry (Co.Down). Samuel Howard died 1974, in Belfast.

They had five children, Thomas, George (your grandfather), Ruth, Oona and Emily.

Your great-grandfather, Samuel Howard's (known as Howard) signature to the Ulster Covenant can be found here https://apps.proni.gov.uk/ulstercovenant/image.aspx?image=M0025160008

He was a member of both the Orange Order (Ballyroney) and the Royal Black Preceptory (lodge unknown).

Offline ingram-descendant

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 10 February 24 04:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Descendant of the Ingrams of Ballyroney. The farm is still in the family. Was doing a bit of research myself and saw this post, but hadnt got anywhere near as far back as you have. I am aware of relatives in Edmonton, Canada, and also around the Great Lakes. Whereabouts are your roots? And are you are of any living relatives in Ballyroney? I'm aware I am late to the party but I saw you were active somewhat recently.

Up the Ingrams!

Offline doolittle72

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 25 February 24 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My involvement with the Ingram from Ballyroney is that my late husband died at a young age and didn't know anything of his family.  The research I have been doing is primarily for my children as they are the descendants of William who died in 1878 and was born in 1796. He married Eliza Young in 1842.  Their first child, John was his ancestor who died in 1871.  The family left Ireland within the next ten years and settled in Glasgow.  My late husband William would be the gt gt grandson of John.
Doolittle