Author Topic: Ingram Family of Ballyroney, Co. Down  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline doolittle72

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ingram Family of Ballyroney, Co. Down
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 May 20 11:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information.  I know that both Nancy married to James Green and Jane & William Adair's daughter Eliza emigrated to the USA. Not sure if Jane and William went also. In the census in USA Nancy said she had had 12 children of whom 8 were still alive.  I had managed to find 11 including the one you note in 1865!  There was one child born in US - Maud.  Still searching for the other one.
Thank you once again for your interest in the family.
Doolittle

Offline mattfrombann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 June 20 18:12 BST (UK) »

From PRONI's Will Calendars https://apps.proni.gov.uk/WillsCalendar_IE/WillsSearch.aspx

Full Abstract :
Ingram Samuel of Ballyroney county
Down farmer died 21 October 1931 Probate Belfast 23 November to Albert Ingram and John Frederick Ingram farmers. Effects £127 5s.

KG

My maternal grandfather Matthew Davidson came from Ballyroney and he had an Ingram family as neighbours at Shanagan. I often visited there as a small child and have a photograph which I THINK might be of myself with two of them (there is no annotation). The name Albert definitely rings a bell and he may be the elder of the men in the photo but I have absolutely no means of verifying this. I do know that one of their relatives, Evelyn, was a Staff Nurse in Banbridge Hospital in 1960s. You could try a message on Facebook "Banbridge Days Gone By"

Matt

Offline doolittle72

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 June 20 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt
Thank you for your very informative post.  I would love to see your photograph if it is possible to post it here.  If not perhaps you could PM me with it.  I would be assuming that they would both be deceased now, but you are not.  I think a PM would be the only way, if at all.
Thank you once again
Doolittle 72

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 June 20 19:47 BST (UK) »

From PRONI Will Calendars

Full Abstract :
Ingram Albert of Shannaghan Katesbridge county Down farm labourer died 23 April 1954 at Katesbridge aforesaid Administration Belfast 7 November to Albert Ingram farmer. Effects £86.

Shannaghan townland encompassing the village of Katesbridge. Ballyroney townland is to the east.
https://www.townlands.ie/down/iveagh-upper-lower-half/drumgooland/shannaghan/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline mattfrombann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 June 20 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt
Thank you for your very informative post.  I would love to see your photograph if it is possible to post it here.  If not perhaps you could PM me with it.  I would be assuming that they would both be deceased now, but you are not.  I think a PM would be the only way, if at all.
Thank you once again
Doolittle 72

You cannot use attachments on PM and I cannot post the photo here as it shows people (apart from me and my sister) who are almost certainly still living. Suggest you PM with your e-mail and then I can attach. There are actually three similar photos. From the post which responded to my mention of Shanagan, you can see that Albert Snr died in 1954 when I would have been 1 so if there is an Albert in photo he would be Albert Jnr. I stress that It is only my hazy memory that tells me that the other persons in photos are Ingram. I have no evidence that Davidsons and Ingrams were related by marriage. I remember Evelyn very clearly but have no idea if she still lives, she would be in her late 70s at least. There are two Banbridge newspapers - Leader and Chronicle. A letter to one or both might be productive

Matt

Offline doolittle72

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 25 June 20 18:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your kindness in sending me the photos.  I just have to work out who was who!

Thank you
Doolittle72

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 28 June 20 14:38 BST (UK) »
........Mary Annie (Mina) born 1890........

Mary Annie Stewart Ingram born 20th October 1889
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1889/02456/1912535.pdf

Mina Ingram     14th August 1960         70         Female         Banbridge
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Full Abstract
Ingram, Mina of Ballyroney Banbridge county Down spinster died 14 August 1960 Administration Belfast 24 November to Samuel Joseph Ingram farmer. Effects £1712. 17s. 8d

https://apps.proni.gov.uk/WillsCalendar_IE/WillsSearch.aspx

KG

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 28 June 20 18:58 BST (UK) »