Author Topic: electoral rolls renfrewshire  (Read 2518 times)

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: electoral rolls renfrewshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 May 20 00:31 BST (UK) »
jack gee thanks. I hadnt considered that as a possibilty. I always thought the International Brigade were idealists,  members of the Communist party or men seeking adventure.  Orkrad

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 May 20 01:39 BST (UK) »
Orkrad, Tick all of the above. Many took part for many reasons. Hiding from a criminal background. Coming out of the depression money may have been a factor.
Makes our researching tasks more interesting if less easy.
Best of luck in your journey.

cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 May 20 02:00 BST (UK) »
 Thanks Jack Gee. I still havent any idea where to check for electoral rolls for Renfreshire in the 1930's. Several folk have mentioned records for the 1940's. In the absence of census data for this period I am hoping that they might provide some information.  regards O rkrad

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 May 20 02:57 BST (UK) »
George ORWELL ... born 1903, famous author.... now did he use that name or his birth name when he served in the International Brigades, Barcelona... See his book Homage to Catalonia...

Eric  Arthur BLAIR was his 'real' name.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 May 20 08:55 BST (UK) »
I still havent any idea where to check for electoral rolls for Renfreshire in the 1930's
I told you exactly that in Reply #2 above.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.