Author Topic: PARKER's of Burnley  (Read 296 times)

Offline carrie-bob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PARKER's of Burnley
« on: Friday 01 May 20 20:32 BST (UK) »
Good Evening everyone, hope you are all ok,

This is a very strange request.....while in lockdown I am researching the family tree of one of my work colleagues. Her grandmother was Emma Parker born 2 November 1904, daughter of Lemuel Gibson Parker 1876-1923.

I know this is a longshot but Lemuel Gibson Parker was buried in Burnley Cemetery, Grave A7940 with his wives Mary Ellen and Mary. His 5yr old son Harold was buried in Grave A7939.

Then I found Lemuel Gibson Parker's parents James and Rebecca are buried in Grave A5863 along with their 2 day old daughter Lavinia. 2 more of their children, Hannah Maria and Mary Ann are buried in Graves A5864 and their son Robert is buried in Grave A 1388.

I don't suppose anyone out there has photos of these graves, if indeed they are still out there. I don't expect anyone to go out and look for me due to the current lockdown situation. :) xx

Thank You Everyone, Stay Safe, Carrie xx  :)

Marshall, Bullough, Ellis, Armistead, Gilston, Ramsden, Foster, Galtress, Walton, Stainsby
Yorkshire area

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: PARKER's of Burnley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 May 20 21:29 BST (UK) »
Have you checked with the records office to establish if these graves have existing headstones
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

guest189040

Re: PARKER's of Burnley
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 May 20 21:40 BST (UK) »
For interest here is a link to a map of the cemetery that is on the lan-olc website

https://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Burnley/Burnley/cemetery/index.html

If you study this map and then look at the cemetery on Google Earth you will get an idea of the number of headstones in the sections of interest.

Good luck.