Author Topic: Food shortages  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Food shortages
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 10:02 BST (UK) »
My weekly delivery is due  today. The only replacement is 2 x 6 eggs rather than a dozen!

There were a few problems at the beginning but no problems with flour, yeast or baking powder. I only bought milk for visitors or an occasional recipe so no problem there!

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 10:15 BST (UK) »
I've found that a wholefood co-operative that we we used to use regularly, because it was round the corner from where OH used to work, is listing flour and yeast on their website. The trouble is they have suspended click and collect (as well as deliveries, but we're outside their delivery area anyway). They won't even put by a few things for collections, like they used to do with bread and a few other thing which sold out quickly. It's a 40 mile round trip, is that permitted? Especially if I came back empty handed because it had all sold out when I got there. 
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 10:53 BST (UK) »
My delivery has arrived today and the only adjustment was Eggs, they just upgraded the size for the same price.  I did not order flour or yeast  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk