Author Topic: Baptism 1815 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Road, St Marylebone, London  (Read 303 times)

Offline linda51

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Baptism 1815 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Road, St Marylebone, London
« on: Tuesday 05 May 20 15:00 BST (UK) »
1815 Parish Baptism for Charles Lloyd 22nd Mary 1815 per Ancestry.  Can someone tell me if this was St Mary, Bryanstone, Marylebone Sq - as according to information I have this started in 1825. OR St Marylebone?  I can't decide if Charles was my ancestor's sibling or not!

Add to that, another baptism in 1821 at St John the Evangelist. I know of St John the Evangelist Waterloo (1825) and St John the Evangelist Upper Holloway (1829) - the address of the family was given as Frederick Street, which I believe was in St Pancras, so those churches would be quite a distance.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism 1815 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Road, St Marylebone, London
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 May 20 17:07 BST (UK) »
He was born 12.2. 1815 and baptised 22.5.1815 at St Mary - St Marylebone Rd parents George & Mary

No name given for 1821 baptism
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 May 20 18:39 BST (UK) »
The 1821 baptism is presumably John George Lloyd, son of George and Mary Ann. This was at St John Westminster (aka St John Smith Square). The Frederick Street named in the register will probably be local, not the one in St Pancras.

Offline linda51

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 May 20 19:08 BST (UK) »
The 1821 baptism is presumably John George Lloyd, son of George and Mary Ann. This was at St John Westminster (aka St John Smith Square). The Frederick Street named in the register will probably be local, not the one in St Pancras.

Thanks very much.........he's more likely to be a sibling to my ancestor!