Author Topic: New government guidelines?  (Read 5173 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: New government guidelines?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 11 May 20 16:21 BST (UK) »
Have I misunderstood, Margaret?

You can only meet up with one person from a different household so your family of 3 (same household) could meet you - 1 person - but you could not meet them because they are more than 1 person and are not the same household as you.  :-\
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 11 May 20 16:53 BST (UK) »

You can only meet up with one person from a different household so your family of 3 (same household) could meet you - 1 person - but you could not meet them because they are more than 1 person and are not the same household as you.  :-\

Which to be fair is nonsensical.  If you are 2 meters apart and simply talking, no hugging, no kissing, no physical contact, how the h*ll is that any different to me having a conversation with people in a social distancing queue for the bank or the chemist .  Or talking to my neighbours, four of us had a good chat in the sunshine on Sunday, all 2 meters apart....

Confused, I am and so is most of England.
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 11 May 20 16:58 BST (UK) »
Yes it all seems really confusing.
We have stood talking to other couples we know (and even don’t know  :o) when we are out on our walk for a few minutes at the correct distance.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 11 May 20 17:05 BST (UK) »
Oh dear, life just gets harder every minute,  anyone fancy disappearing off to a tropical island.

The climate is eternal spring, a coral lagoon, sandy beach, some gently rolling countryside with an abundance of fruit growing on trees, a privae plane lands each morning with supplies and is available for use by all.

Easygoing, tolerant, a sense of humour and a lot of money are the only requirements

No bigots, fervent nationalists, the pompous or self righteous.

There are two, no three or four,  well some rootschatters that might not fit in.

Oh dear I’ve ruled everyone out including me, still it was a good idea  ;D ;D

Mike

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 11 May 20 17:16 BST (UK) »
Oh dear, life just gets harder every minute,  anyone fancy disappearing off to a tropical island.

The climate is eternal spring, a coral lagoon, sandy beach, some gently rolling countryside with an abundance of fruit growing on trees, a privae plane lands each morning with supplies and is available for use by all.

Easygoing, tolerant, a sense of humour and a lot of money are the only requirements

No bigots, fervent nationalists, the pompous or self righteous.

There are two, no three or four,  well some rootschatters that might not fit in.

Oh dear I’ve ruled everyone out including me, still it was a good idea  ;D ;D

Mike

Sounds wonderful.  Tell you what, you stay home and the rest of us will go  :D
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 May 20 17:45 BST (UK) »

Sounds wonderful.  Tell you what, you stay home and the rest of us will go  :D

But it’s my plane :)

I have decided :  if it’s compulsory I shall do it.   If it’s illegal I won’t do it.

Otherwise so long as it’s no threat to others I will do as I choose.

I may live for the day.
I may isolate in safety and live forever.
I may try and find a happy medium
I will totally ignore the world and his dog who think they know best and tell me what I should do.

Mike

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 11 May 20 17:47 BST (UK) »
Greetings from the tropics!  Our lock-down is much more stringent than yours.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 11 May 20 18:35 BST (UK) »

As Mike says, "I have decided :  if it’s compulsory I shall do it. If it’s illegal I won’t do it."

It is not illegal for my husband and I to drive to a park near to our daughter, and to get out for exercise. It is not illegal for her and family to do the same.  If we happen to bump into each other, as long as we keep 2 metres apart, it is not illegal to walk along together, stop for a picnic or to sunbathe.

Not that I sunbathe anymore, but you get the picture.

Dominic Raab this morning was very confused. He said you could see your mother in the morning, then your father in the afternoon, later changed it to you can see both of them in the morning if you wanted to!

The actual documentation linked to by Guy earlier says -

"Public spaces
SAGE advise that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside, so the Government is updating the rules so that, as well as exercise, people can also now spend time outdoors subject to: not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household; continued compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household; good hand hygiene, particularly with respect to shared surfaces; and those responsible for public places being able to put appropriate measures in place to follow the new COVID-19 secure guidance."

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 11 May 20 18:36 BST (UK) »
Greetings from the tropics!  Our lock-down is much more stringent than yours.

Ours in UK should arguably have been earlier and more stringent.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go