Author Topic: 1939 look up Bradford? Thomas b 1878 and Emma Faulkner b1881....  (Read 553 times)

Offline Robincrook

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1939 look up Bradford? Thomas b 1878 and Emma Faulkner b1881....
« on: Thursday 14 May 20 09:16 BST (UK) »
The latest credible entry for Emma Faulkner b1881 was in the 1939 Register where it is reasonable to suggest that she was living at 7 Longcroft Place, Bradford CB Yorkshire (West Riding) In the same Register Thomas Faulkner b 1879 was living at 121 Mount Street, Bradford C.B., Yorkshire (West Riding), England. I am hoping that some one might be able to give me any information etc to confirm that I have the right people plus names of anyone living at these respective addresses. I've not requested information from 1939 before so I'm not sure if it is appropriate to do so on this site. Regards Robin.

Rickards, Gardiner, Tibbles, Parker

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 look up Bradford? Thomas b 1878 and Emma Faulkner b1881....
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 May 20 11:15 BST (UK) »
Sorry, We are not allowed to do look ups on the 1939 register
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Robincrook

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 May 20 13:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks that is fine.... I did wonder. Thankyou. Robin

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 May 20 18:01 BST (UK) »
Your profile says you are based in Lincolnshire. If you have a library card then this may be of use as it tells you that along with many counties the libraries have arranged for you to log on with your card and PIN and access both Ancestry and FindMyPast from home while the libraries are closed.

https://lincolnshire.spydus.co.uk/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/OPAC/ODBS?HOMEPRMS=GENPARAMS

you'll have to scroll quite a way down to see the instructions for Ancestry and FindMyPast both of whom have the 1939 register - and lots of other good stuff too :-)

hmm, not entirely sure if the library editions have the 1939 register - but if you can log in I am sure there may be something of interest.

Boo

Offline Robincrook

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 May 20 18:45 BST (UK) »
What a lovely message that is very kind thankyou! Yes I am in Lincolnshire, the county of big skies!

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 May 20 19:06 BST (UK) »
You are welcome, I haven't used a library edition but remembered reading that libraries, where possible, were allowing access from home so Googled for Lincs Libraries to see if they were doing it.

Fingers crossed you are able to get a bit further with the people you were looking for.

Boo