Author Topic: adding to a managed DNA account's own tree  (Read 349 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
adding to a managed DNA account's own tree
« on: Friday 15 May 20 17:06 BST (UK) »
My niece took a DNA test with Ancestry a while ago and seemingly lost interest and let me take over management of her matches. At the time, she put up a very small tree of her own going only as far as her two sets of grandparents but with little detail.

Since then, she hasn't said much but I've noticed she does occasionally log into her matches. Not sure whether that's because she's at a loose end or if she really is interested but can't be doing with the leg work!!

I have linked her to my tree which, of course, as her auntie only refers to one half of her tree. I did some research for her late maternal grandmother a few years ago and would like to upload those details to my niece's 'stand alone' tree so that she at least has the information and can, if she wants, do something with it. However, even though she has handed over management of her matches to me, I can't seem to make any additions or amendments to her little tree!

Can anyone advise me why? I'd have thought it would be part and parcel of managing her account. Is there something else I need to do to gain access to her tree?

Also, in trying to find a way to do the above, I appear to have changed my status in her account to 'collaborator' rather than the previous 'manager' and can't change it back!!

I need help (true!) to get out of this pickle please!!
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: adding to a managed DNA account's own tree
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 May 20 22:33 BST (UK) »

Deleted
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 May 20 23:10 BST (UK) »
Access rights for DNA results and trees are two different things. She needs to decide which rights she is prepared to give you for each.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 May 20 09:43 BST (UK) »
I think what you could do, providing you still have access to her dna, is create a new tree under your own account to include her and the details you have of her late maternal grandmother and then move her attached dna from the small tree where it is now to this tree you have just created.  If she is interested you could give her access to this new tree.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 May 20 13:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Pheno, that's a good idea.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.