Author Topic: DNA match  (Read 592 times)

guest189040

Re: DNA match
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 16:40 BST (UK) »
I am confused.

You have an elderley relative

Their Grandson

And two Brothers

Who are the two Brothers related to?

How are they related?

Are they related to the Grandson?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 16:47 BST (UK) »
The chart that I linked to should give the relationship of the grandson to the brothers. Just look on the chart or put in the amount in the top box and it will show the possible relationships.

Sorry - I was modifying and went to quote instead.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 17:12 BST (UK) »
Does the grandson have any identifiable matches that you can use to confirm any of the lines of his tree?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 17:15 BST (UK) »
I'm assuming that the 2 brothers are from one of the lines, Craclyn  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 17:20 BST (UK) »
Probably not as confused as me Colin, I'm finding DNA research rather hard to understand.
My elderly relative & his Grandson have both had DNA tests with Ancestry.com but a DNA match is not showing. Then I asked Gadget a question regarding two separate DNA Matches with the same unusual surname, that had come through for the elderly relative & when checking their separate trees it appears they are full brothers.
I am going to have to contact the Grandson for more information on this & get back to you. Thanks for all the help so far & sorry for the confusion.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 17:39 BST (UK) »
And I picked the wrong relative to match with the brothers  ;D

Both of your relatives would need to look through their own matches to give some idea of what is happening.