Author Topic: General discussion on current situation  (Read 12617 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: General discussion on current situation
« Reply #99 on: Sunday 24 May 20 17:51 BST (UK) »
No way could any human being get one that made he/she look like Cummings!!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Sunday 24 May 20 18:01 BST (UK) »
No way could any human being get one that made he/she look like Cummings!!

They've been around for some time. Unless the man really is ubiquitous? That's a frightening thought.
Cowban

Offline magnacarta

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 24 May 20 18:18 BST (UK) »
Did Mr Cummings not take comfort stops on his way to Durham?
Motorway service stations are open with other people around.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Sunday 24 May 20 18:30 BST (UK) »
His wife’s account seems different and I don’t understand why, as it is in the public domaine, it has not been referenced more. She mentions how ill he was and her concern for him but only mentions London.
It is so distressing reading people’s reactions - people who have suffered tremendously trying to do the right thing.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Sunday 24 May 20 18:36 BST (UK) »
Did Mr Cummings not take comfort stops on his way to Durham?
Motorway service stations are open with other people around.

More than one I would have though with a child.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Sunday 24 May 20 19:03 BST (UK) »
What has upset me the most is each and everyone standing up and effectively saying that I am a bad mum, some have pretty much said I'm completely unfit to be a parent because I absolutely would not have driven a distance with COvid symptoms.  In fact I wouldn't have driven anywhere (unless a test centre if well enough).  I would stay in my primary residence (OK I'm a scummy pleb with only one residence) and not gone out until I met the conditions that meant that I was not a danger to anyone I would meet by chance.  I just feel I've had enough, what's the point? Now everyone will ignore guidance and we'll have a second, bigger peak and it will be even more months before I see family.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Sunday 24 May 20 19:51 BST (UK) »
No more no less than I expect, unfit to govern, unfit to advise. Time to close Eton and it's hangers on, no longer fit for purpose if it ever was.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Sunday 24 May 20 20:19 BST (UK) »
What has upset me the most is each and everyone standing up and effectively saying that I am a bad mum, some have pretty much said I'm completely unfit to be a parent because I absolutely would not have driven a distance with COvid symptoms.  In fact I wouldn't have driven anywhere (unless a test centre if well enough).  I would stay in my primary residence (OK I'm a scummy pleb with only one residence) and not gone out until I met the conditions that meant that I was not a danger to anyone I would meet by chance.  I just feel I've had enough, what's the point? Now everyone will ignore guidance and we'll have a second, bigger peak and it will be even more months before I see family.

In no way are you an unfit mother, and the Prime Minister is very wrong to suggest that those who have kept to the guidelines, often in considerable difficulties, are in any way less than the person who chose - with suitable alternatives to hand - to take a completely unnecessary journey halfway across the country.

In that journey, he risked passing on the virus to other people, and - should he have had an accident or any other difficulty - put the safety services at considerable risk also.

The announcement at 5 o'clock reduced me to tears, and I know that I am not alone in feeling very angry as well as upset.

I think the Prime Minister may very much have underestimated the strength of feeling in the country - once we felt we are all together, and now (apparently) we never have been.

Thank you Pharma, and all your colleagues in the health and caring services, for all you do.

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Sunday 24 May 20 20:22 BST (UK) »
I absolutely would not have driven a distance with COvid symptoms.  In fact I wouldn't have driven anywhere (unless a test centre if well enough).  I would stay in my primary residence  and not gone out until I met the conditions that meant that I was not a danger to anyone I would meet by chance.

That would be the common-sense thing to do.  :)
Cowban