Author Topic: Number of daily tests  (Read 509 times)

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Number of daily tests
« on: Saturday 23 May 20 16:48 BST (UK) »
I've just been listening to the daily briefing and noted down exactly what Jenny Harries said as regards tests carried out:

"116585 represents all the tests in all the different systems that have been completed or taken or sent out whether it be through labs, in hospitals, wherever it may be up until 9 o'clock on 23rd May"

Note my italics.

The pedant in me wonders whether we're seeing figures now consistently in excess of the magic 100000 because the tests are being counted more than once.
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Number of daily tests
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 May 20 17:28 BST (UK) »
Sounds like they count them all out and then count them all in again and I’m not surprised; it’s called “creative accounting”.

Personally, I’ve given up listening to the 3 (and often 2) stooges - it’s simply an exercise in avoiding the question.

Offline Crumblie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 May 20 17:33 BST (UK) »
Statistics can prove anything you want as long as you select the right data.

I read only yesterday that a significant number of the tests that have sent out to people have not been returned so that will screw their figures up.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 May 20 20:54 BST (UK) »
Statistics can prove anything you want as long as you select the right data.

I read only yesterday that a significant number of the tests that have sent out to people have not been returned so that will screw their figures up.

I expect a lot of the tests sent out but not yet used are sent to care homes (quite reasonably) so that they have them to hand when they need to test staff and residents.

I fear they will be counted again when the samples are sent back for testing.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 May 20 22:44 BST (UK) »
"Tests are completely voluntary, and you do not have to take it, but are encouraged to do so. If you do decide to take a test, then you need to follow the instructions provided upon registering for a home test, or a test at a regional test site.

Once you have taken the test, your sample will be analysed in a laboratory, and you will be informed of the result (positive, negative, or unclear) by text and/or email. You will be given advice on any next steps that need to be taken following your result.

If you are resident in England, your test result will also be sent to a central database, along with other information relating to coronavirus, to enable organisations to respond to coronavirus.
"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-privacy-information/testing-for-coronavirus-privacy-information
 ----------
Same Person Having More Than One Test To Check Their Current Status + , - , +
Some individuals have required/require two or more Tests (e.g. some people once tested Covid-19 Postive, go to Negative as they get better, but some have later tested Postive again).

The Charts in the UK CO Daily Briefing does refer to some individuals having to have more than one Test.

That is not counting one test twice.
 ----------
UK - Coronavirus Became a Notifiable Disease 5th March 2020
The government has taken urgent steps to list coronavirus as a notifiable disease in law.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-covid-19-listed-as-a-notifiable-disease

If you actually Test Coronavirus Covid-19 POSITIVE you are required to notify to a UK Official Body by Law

You may also be required (or it be beneficial) to notify your Employer or Organisation, or Society, etc., so that anyone administering First Aid in the future can take precautions.
 ----------
Positive Tests
If a Test proves Positive it will count in the separate POSITIVE numbers.

Notifiable Diseases UK Government - Weekly Reports 2020 for Week 20 here ...
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notifiable-diseases-weekly-reports-for-2020
 ----------
Separate Matter (Insurance)
Many Insurance Companies require you to declare any past/present health related matters (e.g. Travel/Holiday Insurance etc., etc.).

Mark