Author Topic: Lockdown easing in England  (Read 19326 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lockdown easing in England
« Reply #315 on: Sunday 14 June 20 06:31 BST (UK) »
I suppose the thinking is that as both Prince Charles and Boris Johnson have had Covid 19, it is fairly safe for them to meet others.

If I were Macron, I wouldn't shake hands with either of them though. Definitely no kissing or hugging.
One of my precautions is giving up shaking hands for life.
Cowban

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: Sunday 14 June 20 06:51 BST (UK) »

How about this: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tonys-10k-walk

As to my father, when going out & about  - as I fully intend to do - I will be visiting places that the Government has deemed safe to open, and following Government guidelines on social distancing, hand washing etc.  However, I will also be contributing to the local economy and helping to protect local jobs.  Hardly selfish actions.

Life cannot be entirely risk-free, and given latest estimate that only 1 in every 1,700 people are currently infected, I consider my intended actions to be entirely proportionate to the risk.  If I unknowingly pick up the virus and somehow pass it on to my father then it will be because I've been extremely unlucky; not because I've been reckless.

... "stay safe".  :-*

That is one heck of a brave remarkable young man and I see where you are coming from Jomot.

Yes, there has always been risk in life.

I'm still trying to follow the Rules, but won't be protesting.

We have been out for my daily walks and look forward to one pint of my favourite tipple in the Pub garden (some of us campaigned to keep open in 2005, an amenity enjoyed by many).

I am resting at home and for a long time consider myself very very lucky for each day of life. We were offered a drug in 2006, I prayed and took a risk not to take it due to awful side effects already known, sadly in 2018 the drug was associated with a high risk of dementia and some will have died already.

Yes, there has always been a risk every day for many (driving a car, crossing a road and going up and down stairs etc., all have a risk).

Yes my Full Car & Motorcycle Licence was Revoked about 20 years ago by the DVLC Doctor, I did not selfishly take risks with the lives of others.

Some of us have lived with risk for decades. However, it has been absolutely wonderful to wake up every day and today, thank you, despite all the woe in the world.

I still thank the NHS for all the investigations, but we have to make the best with the cards we may have been dealt.

Currently, the Scientists can't always agree with the way forward with Covid, while government borrowing is going up and the economy and jobs are shrinking.

A bunch of people in England are now taking a risk, to trial a Covid-19 vaccine.

I prayed last night, that I would wake up and enjoy another day of life today with my immediate contact family as best I can and I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation we all face now.

That young man is a brave smiling soul who had such a bad start in life.

Take care everyone, Mark  :D

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: Sunday 14 June 20 08:14 BST (UK) »
I don't think I said that you could get  lower than your LTLA, Lizzie.   These are the daily numbers, for what they're worth. Daily differences are not all that much use. It's best to look at weekly figures.

None of the figures will tell you the actual number of cases or deaths. We stopped testing early on and many people have  just self isolated. Death certs don't always mention Covid, so they're not counted.

The very best you'll get will be an estimate.

These numbers are total cases from whenever they started counting - late Feb, early March? We are planning to go somewhere in the adjacent county next week, but I can't see anywhere that I can find out the number of cases in that area currently. Only the total number that there have been over the last three and a half months.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: Sunday 14 June 20 09:29 BST (UK) »
Topic now locked as it's gone into so many pages.  :)
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.