Author Topic: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/  (Read 15024 times)

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/
« Reply #234 on: Sunday 31 May 20 14:45 BST (UK) »
I read some weeks ago that in these surveys where 80% of people claim to have been following the rules  (in last night's update I think it was 98%  :o ), actually when the survey is answered  anonymously  this number dropped to about 44%.

Last night I thought if 98% have been keeping 2m away from others, how are we still getting thousands of new cases per day???

Also - deputy lady mayor of Liverpool (Lab - but that makes no difference) they had 12 people in her garden in a celebration for her birthday organised by her daughter (she says she was looking through a window but at the time NO ONE was supposed to be in someone else's garden)

She has resigned.

Pat
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline Gaie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • CenInf Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: Sunday 31 May 20 15:28 BST (UK) »
Oh, no,  ??? will Captain Tom have to return his gold Blue Peter badge?  He had the world and her husband in his garden during lockdown ........
Sussex, Burwash/Somerset/South London: PANKHURST/FABLING/GREEN/KING/PARROT/POPE/PEMBROKE
Notts/Leics/London: POLLARD/BELAND/FELLS/MORRISON/MARYSON/CLARKE
Northants: MARRIOT/T
Suffolk: LINGLY/LINGLEY/LINDLY/LINDLEY/ SEAGER /SIGGER/SEGGAR/VINCE
Gloucs: WINDOW Glamorgan: JENKINS Cardiganshire: JONES
Poland: OZIEMKIEWICZ France: LINETTE

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Sunday 31 May 20 15:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Gadget (#232) - I didn't think you were accusing me, but maybe a  ;) from me would have helped. Have an extra one now -  ;) ;)

And thanks for filling me in on Andrew Rawnsley - I was a bit short on time earlier and would otherwise have looked him up myself.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline derekwg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Sunday 31 May 20 15:49 BST (UK) »
Derek - your favourite paper announces that in a reputable 81%  of the people asked believe that DC  did break the rulesL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8373959/Tory-poll-lead-crashes-four-points-amid-Dominic-Cummings-row.html

Aint bought a paper for years Gadget,they are a complete disgrace these days,it amazes me that people who think they are intelligent believe eveything whats printed and said by the media, its all about sensationlism these days,their obsession with the death rate is truly disgusting.I'll stick to me Beano.
Weaving...Rodborough,Stroud,Ruscombe.
 Browning...ditto.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Sunday 31 May 20 16:07 BST (UK) »
Have you heard of the 4th Estate, Derek  :)

PS - I was reporting the results of an opinion poll of real people, carried out by a reputable firm, reported in the Mail, most other papers, online, on tele, radio and twitter. 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Sunday 31 May 20 16:15 BST (UK) »

Aint bought a paper for years Gadget,they are a complete disgrace these days,it amazes me that people who think they are intelligent believe eveything whats printed and said by the media, its all about sensationlism these days,their obsession with the death rate is truly disgusting.I'll stick to me Beano.

Careful Derekwg,  I’m on the list, that could be my death you are talking about :) :)

We have our kids to support us,  hope you’ve made a will, they say,

As part of a general discussion, gadget posted a guide to levels1-5 a page or two ago, we definitely are not at the lowest risk yet.

However, the Scottish leader attaches equal importance to securing their economy and meeting with family and friends, and see a relaxation as beneficial.

In wales also I could be even further removed from purgatory, we could go out all day as a couple seemingly

I think I’ll nip over the border, it’s only two miles away, and take ny share of the risk.

Others may disagree.

Mike

Edit at 17 42: the bbc has made a liar out of me, no relaxation yet in Scotland

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: Sunday 31 May 20 16:16 BST (UK) »
I think we can safely assume that Boris and pals have given up, partly due to the Cummings fiasco but mostly due to their complete and utter inability to get anything right.

By granting us our freedom (and not as gradually as they first suggested), they are only giving the nod to what is happening anyway, as people have lost any trust that they may have had. This way, Boris can turn round and blame the public for their own demise!!

I do feel sorry for the scientists who obviously wanted Track and Test (why do I keep wanting to call it Trick or Treat?) up and running before we were given a greater amount of freedom but I do get the distinct impression that, although the government has all along insisted that they were following the science, I fear that it may have started out like that but it has now become political and is all to do with the survival of Boris and his cabinet.

In a way, this may not be such a bad thing if it shows us one way or the other what happens when we abandon lockdown.  Of course, I don't mean its a good thing that people will die but I'm afraid that's probably going to happen anyway if the virus spikes again.

I just don't think we can go on like this. Its been a complete fiasco almost from the start - people in other countries must be laughing at us. I'm ashamed of my own country! Can we not eliminate the politicians (any way you want!) and hand it over to the experts who have more than one brain cell???
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: Sunday 31 May 20 16:26 BST (UK) »
I think we can safely assume that Boris and pals have given up, partly due to the Cummings fiasco but mostly due to their complete and utter inability to get anything right.

By granting us our freedom (and not as gradually as they first suggested), they are only giving the nod to what is happening anyway, as people have lost any trust that they may have had. This way, Boris can turn round and blame the public for their

In a way, this may not be such a bad thing if it shows us one way or the other what happens when we abandon lockdown.  Of course, I don't mean its a good thing that people will die but I'm afraid that's probably going to happen anyway if the virus spikes again.

It’s actually a cunning plan, herd immunity by stealth

Mike

Offline derekwg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Sunday 31 May 20 16:37 BST (UK) »

Whatever our indiviual thoughts are in these troubled and dangerous times is that if we do not start treating all nature,its people,its animals,all living things and the worlds climate with the utmost respect,this virus will not be the last of our problem..I firmly believe that nature is losing its patience with us and we must act now for the sake of this beautiful world and our children.
Weaving...Rodborough,Stroud,Ruscombe.
 Browning...ditto.