Author Topic: Re Stamp on Birth Certificate  (Read 323 times)

Offline mudgeemaid

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re Stamp on Birth Certificate
« on: Sunday 31 May 20 08:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Rootschat
I have 2 copies of a NSW birth certificate from BDMs dated 1911(For the same birth). One is typed & the other is a photocopy direct from the register. This certificate has a official stamp down the bottom which says:-
"this is the Annexure Marked "H" referred to in the Affidavit of .......................(there is a female name inserted here.
Can anyone explain exactly what this would mean.
Thanks in anticipation
mudgeemaid

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Re Stamp on Birth Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 May 20 08:47 BST (UK) »

"...photocopy direct from the register..........has a official stamp down the bottom which says:-
"this is the Annexure Marked "H" referred to in the Affidavit of .......................(there is a female name inserted here."

On this certificate, what dates do you see. Should be date and place of birth, date and place of registration, date when the photocopy was issued.....any other dates?

Is the name of the female familiar to you?

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 May 20 08:53 BST (UK) »
A guess ..  :)

The one with the stamp is a copy of the birth certificate which was made to be used in court? It was an attachment used alongside other documents. Is this dated?

Do you know the woman the affidavit refers to?

I’m sure someone will be along soon to help.  :)

Snap Wivenhoe .....

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 May 20 09:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, the one with the stamp ...  it is for a court action.   It would be for evidence ...  one party v another party.  So, if a NSW Supreme Court action,  the affadivit will have other attachments :  A; B; C;  .....  to at least H. 

Prior to 1976,  NSW family disputes, maintenance, custody were determined in accordance with NSW laws.  So a judicial separation  would be heard "in camera" ( a closed court, not open to the general public) and documents proving parentage for children would be tended ... e.g. a NSW certified birth cert ...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 May 20 09:15 BST (UK) »
PS  ... that's a stamp duty stamp. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline mudgeemaid

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 May 20 10:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for the replies. It makes sense now that it probably relates to a court case. It is undated (the annexure) & it does have the name of the woman who made the affidavit ( I have withheld this for privacy). I will chase up & see if I can uncover what it relates to.
Again, many thanks
mudgeemaid