Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 30th May  (Read 851 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary > Saturday 30th May
« on: Sunday 31 May 20 09:07 BST (UK) »
Shall I ?   I can imagine Roobarb fairly dancing with frustration!!  :D

Nothing different really.

Had a brief chat with one of my Australian grand daughters. She has returned to school, but didn't wish to discuss it, so I had to make do with looking at the chickens instead!

Neighbour downstairs wanted some scones and I made the mistake of going into Iceland for them, which meant a lengthy queue amongst some dodgy looking people which slightly freaked me out!  :(
However I did my good deed by drawing attention the fact that someone had dropped a £5 note without being aware of it.... I might take to following him around town.  :P

Was able to sit on the balcony and I have almost finished reading "Remember Me" by Lesly Pearse, about an actual female convict transported to Australia in the first fleet. Quite enjoyed that.

Discussed the possibility of an outdoor distanced practise for the Morris group, but restrictions still too restrictive, so will have to wait a little longer.

Over to you Roobarb.  ;)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 30th May
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 May 20 09:19 BST (UK) »
Did a bit of housework today but not enough, up early on Sunday to compensate.  Allowed my mood to get in the way.  I was hanging the washing out when I guy thought it was OK to lecture me on me not working hard enough and asking what I had been doing all lockdown (not as polite as that). I stupidly allowed that to get to me as he threatened to report me to the landlord for not doing enough in the garden.

At night when I finally convinced the wee one to stay in bed I watched a couple of episodes of Casualty as I am way behind.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 May 20 09:37 BST (UK) »
A guy who is working harder than you Pharma? I very much doubt that.

I hope you told him where to go (you should have!).  ;D

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 May 20 09:39 BST (UK) »
Goodness me Pharma T, I haven't ever known another soul who seems to live in the midst of a populace who appear to be so quick to ridicule/criticise everything you do.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 May 20 10:37 BST (UK) »
PharmaT, I'm with Ruskie, he should mind his own business.

Shall I ?   I can imagine Roobarb fairly dancing with frustration!!  :D

Not at all Mowsehouse, it's nice to be able to join in after reading about others' day. I was having a bad day yesterday, didn't want to rant on too much about it.

Was up early, was going to go for my walk earlier but nasty neighbour was out washing her drive with soapy water, didn't want to pass her so waited till she finished. Not sure what I did with the morning, was feeling very down again.

Usual walk, a lot cooler so more pleasant for walking faster. Still brilliant sunshine.

Had lunch, got a message from a friend, someone who I've always considered a close friend. Seems that despite however much I have contacted her and supported her, and that's been a lot, it's not considered enough for her. I ended up in tears due to what she said.

Went out in the garden, nasty neighbour had gone out with her daughter again so I could get on with things but my heart wasn't in it, was still pulling out dead stuff despite having removed two bins full already. Put some more trellis up with plant membrane behind.

Could hear chatter from the family at the other side, they're lovely. Obviously planning a bbq. Then their relatives with the screaming children arrived, it's a good job I have a blocked ear. Couldn't settle, cleared up my gardening equipment then the noisy children left, got my chair out and read for a while. My friend who had suggested a walk on the beach sent a message to ask if I fancied doing it on Monday as she's taking a couple of days off (home) work. That seemed a much better idea, probably less people and the council is finally opening the car parks and public toilets so probably be able to park better. Haven't driven for ten weeks, hope I haven't lost the knack.

Did some ironing, had my tea late, not much appetite. Just realised I have actually ranted on a while now. Oh well.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 May 20 10:46 BST (UK) »
Not really ranting Roobarb..... oooooh what a beautiful alliteration.  (And Pharma.)

Sorry you were feeling down yesterday. Hopefully today is a new page and you are feeling a little brighter. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 May 20 10:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mowsehowse  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 31 May 20 11:18 BST (UK) »
 :-*

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 31 May 20 13:37 BST (UK) »
I'm pleased to read others diaries than enter mine first!

Pharma I don't know how anyone can say these things to you... surely your neighbour knows what you do and is being a total ?!?!?!? With his comments. Rest assured we all know what you do and please don't beat yourself up over some silly persons comments...

Roobarb, you're certainly going through the mill and I'm sure if you meet up with your friend tomorrow and have a change of scenery and a chat face to face ( almost) it will lift your spirits.

Neighbours can have such an adverse effect on your life, as we know too although not quite as vindictive as your NNN!

The ones on our other side keep all their bins along the fence which is our fence and near our patio....
 now I don't know what others do with their recycling but we keep a box in the garage ( accessible from the house as is theirs) and only go to the actual bin once or at most twice a week...
well they come out to their bins EVERY time they need to dispose of items and that can be up to 8 times in five minutes gate slamming each time...
When we are sitting out in the evening eating they even do it then... OH gets really up tight over it and has made a few comments out loud in the hope they'll hear....
This has only been in the last year... don't know what they did before and we've lived next door to them for 33 years.... it's hard to have an actual conversation about such a subject so what does one do?....

Mowsehouse- the trouble is you agree to do things by helping others and not realising you're putting yourself in jeopardy! I'm sure it's appreciated though..

My daily activities....

Woke up early and had a read... OH had already gone off to play golf starting at 7.40am!!! 
Had breakfast and read for a while....
OH home sat outside enjoying the sun but came in for lunch as it was quite hot...
When I had my C & C from Waitrose on Thursday I had a few items swapped and they were ones I found hard to understand why as they're regular items I order... so thought I'd give them a call..
The chap I spoke to agreed and said he'd get a manager to call me back...
Which he did and also agreed so he asked me
' I wasn't going away was I?'
Eh nooo I'm at home...
ok he said I've got a free driver I'll get him there within the hour with correct items...
he was very sorry, they'd got a lot of new people so think they'd not really bothered to look properly..
lovely I said what shall I do with incorrect items...
we will only throw them away if you send them back so you could give them to a neighbour or just keep them!
Within the hour new items delivered including a bottle of prosecco! a note saying he'd refunded all items and enjoy the prosecco in the sunshine!
What a nice chap... the steaks ( usually buy essential ones 3 for £10) were replaced FREE with Duchy organic steaks!
I phoned him back and said thank you and very impressed with attitude and speed of handling the issues!
Im not one to make complaints but what a nice result!

Decided to do some more sewing as I need to get these last three sets done by Monday night ready to deliver on Tuesday morning...

Daughter zoomed us... had a lovely chat with her... boys and SiL in the park with the remote control car we gave eldest one a couple of years ago... they're lucky to have park with large open area at the end of their road, a cult-de-sac..
She's hurt her back so suffering.. takes after her father I'm afraid...
Saw the boys briefly which is always a joy...
Talked out seeing them all soon, best they come to us as we have big garden, lots of shade and easy access to a loo from outside...

BBQ for dinner... sat out for a while enjoying the peace and quiet..
Watched some low rate film with Liam Neeson in...

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK