Author Topic: Mold Burials  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mold Burials
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 04 June 20 21:57 BST (UK) »
Things have got a bit confused I think because this originated on another topic seeking the death of the John Jones who was a saddler. The 1856 burial I found, aged 59, agreed with the newspaper report of his funeral. It did say Bistre on the transcription of the burial, as does the 86 year old's burial, but only Mold on the images. As you say a mistake.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mold Burials
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 04 June 20 22:07 BST (UK) »
Gadget you may just have done me a huge favour, if you are correct (and it does look good doesnt it) perhaps father and son are buried together after having both died in the same year and the burial records looking (at least at the top) the very same. The Bistre thing came apparently from the transcript with the burial record rather than on the record itself.
Thank you.

There are many parish records in Denbighshire and Montgomeryshire* that I know of that have been indexed to the wrong parish on FindMyPast. You have to examine the image to get the correct entry. Most of my Flintshire ancestors were from the southern part, which seems to be accurate!

* and other Welsh counties that I've seen people make comment about.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***