Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 31st May  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 31st May
« Reply #18 on: Monday 01 June 20 08:17 BST (UK) »
Using the library at home service, (I don't have a subscription,) I found an ancestor linked to a family tree on Ancestry....
Does anyone know how to contact a tree owner on there?
I can't spot the link to do it....perhaps I can't?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 01 June 20 08:21 BST (UK) »
Using the library at home service, (I don't have a subscription,) I found an ancestor linked to a family tree on Ancestry....

I'm not 100% sure as I've never used the library version but I think you may need a personal account to message people.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 01 June 20 08:23 BST (UK) »

I'm not 100% sure as I've never used the library version but I think you may need a personal account to message people.

Yes, I suspected as much. Many thanks Pharma.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 01 June 20 17:49 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, I am suffering similar to you with neighbours, not only do they play their music frequently till nearly 1am we now have it during the afternoon, we are very quiet people and it is driving me mad, they are not really approachable people and to be honest I would be frightened to knock on their door, I don't want my husband to do it either so we have to put up with it, also they have recently got a dog,  just wish I could be spirited away,  my other neighbour next door is one of the nicest people, it is the son on his way to 30 years old who has the music playing and we have to suffer his rubbish.

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 01 June 20 18:01 BST (UK) »
Oh dear. People really have no concept of how irritating their behaviour in gardens can be to the neighbours.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 01 June 20 19:46 BST (UK) »
Well it won’t work in a garden ,but we had young neighbours to one side of us,they were the end house otherwise there would have been someone else to complain.
If it wasn’t loud TV music it was CDs.Always at bedtime in their bedroom which was the other side of a wall to ours.
One night I was so fed up I took every Radio we hsd( I had them all over the house) tuned them to Radio Three ,and full volume ,put as many as I could in a built in cupboard ,the rest in the bedroom and went downstairs .
They could not have but been deafened by it all.
However nothing was said,but it was never so loud again.
On the other side a young trainee Dr. Would come off shift and play music so loud in the small hours of the morning.
I did ask politely for her to remember we too went to work whilst she would have been sleeping but we refrained from making noise as we respected her job( not her you will note!)Will you think about others before putting the music on full blast please?
Her response was” Errrr NO!”
I  told her that we frequently had our baby grandson to sleep and if he could not sleep he would be overtired and would cry.
“ You can’t switch babies off like CD players ,so when you eventually  want to sleep ,sorry you won’t  be able to”
I also threatened to report her because quite frankly to come off  a gruelling shift and not rest before being back on duty was irresponsible,Iwould not have trusted her with a relative of mine.
That did the trick .
But it is all so unpleasant and makes life - especially now - even more difficult.
There are agencies who will help but they often don’t do much .
My son had unreasonable neighbours and he did get the Police to call , advice was given to both parties, and the neighbours , and also their children have been better .Son has no children.
As my son is now working from home it is a good job.
Why so loud, ? my gadgets seem to have limits as to how loud they will play!
Hope there is some resolution to all this for you.
A word with the parents?
Best of luck with it all.
Viktoria.

I hsd them all over the house.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 01 June 20 20:13 BST (UK) »
It is called inconsideration in my opinion, wonder what will happen if we decided to move?, some have no thought for anyone else, we have both respected our neighbours and don't make much noise, we are very quiet people

Louisa Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 01 June 20 20:45 BST (UK) »
I did think of turning my radio and TV up full volume but I am not confrontational in any way and would not like an argument , the language when they have had rows is unbelievable  and we can hear it through the wall  , I would hate they used the same language on me  , I  get very down about it and at our time of our lives we just want a quiet life and get on with it

Louisa Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 01 June 20 20:53 BST (UK) »
What awful tales of dreadful neighbours, some people are so selfish. I did laugh at Viktoria's solution!

Louisa Maud, I really feel for you, you must be at screaming pitch, it's bad enough having to put up with that late at night without getting it in the afternoons as well, particularly when you can't escape from it. Do you have any family or friends who could have a word on your behalf? Preferably young strong ones!  I do hope things get better for you soon.

Love the stories of the ducklings!  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales