Author Topic: JOHN BURROUGHES CARTER NORTHWOLD  (Read 1009 times)

Offline cynda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
JOHN BURROUGHES CARTER NORTHWOLD
« on: Tuesday 23 August 05 20:33 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any information on John Burroughes Carter who was born in Northwold and who married Jane Crozier in1895.  According to the 1901 Census he was a JP in Mundesley at the time of the Census.

Many thanks

Cynda

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN BURROUGHES CARTER NORTHWOLD
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Cynda
What information are you after, census?
I have found John on the 1891 census and am about to look on the earlier ones, is this what you want?
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cynda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 14:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Anne
Thanks for your interest.  I am actually interested in Jane Crozier and am wondering if she and John had any children.  Jane's father was a vicar and in 1881 she was in Cheshire with him, and my grandma was in service to the family.  I am just trying to get a feel for the family and trying to find out what happened to them all.   Jane had two brothers Temple and Graham but they seemed to have disappeared altogether in the 1901 Census, although I have tried all spellings as I have found many strange variations on names in the past.
Any information you can find on John BC would add to the picture.

Many thanks
Cynda

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 15:08 BST (UK) »
Hi
Do you have the children from the 1901 census for John and Jane?
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cynda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 15:19 BST (UK) »
Anne
I have only worked on the index so have three possibles - John (4); John (2) and Janette (1) but I don't know for sure if any of these actually belong to John & Jane.  Do you have access to the actual census.
Thanks Cynda