Author Topic: Regensburg, Bavaria - Catholic Records  (Read 799 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: Regensburg, Bavaria - Catholic Records
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 June 20 09:18 BST (UK) »
I just checked out the website for Bischöfliches Zentralarchiv Regensburg, it looks like they will do research for people at € 35,00 per half hour, but it only costs € 7,00 per day if you can visit yourself.

This is when I wish I wasn't trying to do this research from Australia...or that I knew more specific details to give them  ::)

Barbara's age at death was estimated not specific, I don't know which Catholic Church her family attended, and I am only guessing she was born in Regensburg...so I imagine that there would be a fair amount of searching required. If I could locate her first marriage, it may give some of these details, but I don't know whether her first marriage was in the Catholic or Evangelical Church, or if it was even in Regensburg. I assume her first husband died there though...so maybe it is the burial of Johann Zingel I need to try and find first...what do you think?

Are there any indexes for Catholic records in Regensburg? Or other records that might help me pin down a date at least? He reportedly worked as a Hofmahler and Vergolder (court painter & gilder) of Thurn and Taxis. But I don't quite understand what this means. Did he work for the Noble family Fürstenhaus Thurn und Taxis at their residence St. Emmeram Castle in Regensburg? Would there be any records of employees I wonder?

I have attached the text about Barbara and her first husband from her second marriage in 1794...in case you see anything there that may help...

So many questions...sorry Dave!

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 June 20 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'd like to see the whole document of her 2 marriage.
Sent you a PM

Dave

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 June 20 22:21 BST (UK) »
No worries Dave, I have e-mailed you just now ;)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 June 20 08:54 BST (UK) »
Just in case anyone is following this post.....thought I would update it as I have just found the first marriage for my Barbara Fischer and the death of her first husband in the 'Regensburgisches Diarium oder wöchentliche Frag- und Anzeige-Nachrichten' - gosh I love those magazines!!

If anyone else is looking for Regensburg ancestors they are available online at:

https://opacplus.bsb-muenchen.de/metaopac/search?&query=Regensburgisches%20Diarium%20oder%20w%C3%B6chentliche%20Frag-%20und%20Anzeige-Nachrichten

It turns out he is recorded as Johann Zängerl (not Zingel) and is described as a Beisitzer und Maler (which I understand is a juryman and painter).

They married on 4th February 1793 at St Ulrich, Catholic Church, Regensburg and sadly Johann was buried there later that same year, on 24th Dec 1793, aged just 39yrs.

Now I am off to e-mail the Bischöfliches Zentralarchiv Regensburg to see if I can get a copy of the entries in the Church Book  ;D

Thanks again to Dave for his help working through this one  ;)

Jenny

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 June 20 10:20 BST (UK) »
Just in case anyone is following this post.....
Jenny

I am!  ;D

It's always great to hear how things are progressing. Well done on finding such important information!

Best regards,
Karen

McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 12 June 20 10:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Karen....I was pretty chuffed  ;D