Author Topic: 4 St. Albans Avenue, Bournemouth  (Read 980 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 4 St. Albans Avenue, Bournemouth
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 June 20 11:41 BST (UK) »
It does look like 11! And her adoptive parents were Free Church!
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 June 20 11:43 BST (UK) »
Well done JenB  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 June 20 11:45 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if perhaps it was a maternity home or something, but I haven’t turned anything up.

It's worth experimenting with various different search terms on Google.
Googling 'St Albans Avenue Bournemouth maternity'                                                                                                                      came up with the answer pretty quickly  ;)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 June 20 12:04 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if perhaps it was a maternity home or something, but I haven’t turned anything up.

It's worth experimenting with various different search terms on Google.
Googling 'St Albans Avenue Bournemouth maternity'                                                                                                                      came up with the answer pretty quickly  ;)

I had been fiddling around with the word order, but as you say different terms often yield results. Thanks for all of that! So sad to read. My grandma was subsequently adopted, so I expect her biological mum was subject to the same treatment.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 08 June 20 12:41 BST (UK) »
I had been fiddling around with the word order, but as you say different terms often yield results.

Totally unrelated, so please forgive me, but here is an example where I had fiddled around with different combinations of words for ages. Someone used the right combination and found the answer I'd been searching for for ages  :-X https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=830701.msg6949962#msg6949962 (reply #24)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk