Author Topic: Niven and Chapman mothers same name Christian Coutts early 1800  (Read 257 times)

Offline loggaman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Niven and Chapman mothers same name Christian Coutts early 1800
« on: Tuesday 09 June 20 08:53 BST (UK) »
I have a John Niven b 1822 married m1847 to Elizabeth Chapman b1826 Durris / Banchory Ternan area they both appear to have the same mother Christian (Christina) Coutts. Elizabeths  mother I know was born in Birse b1802 and never married got the death cert etc. Johns I know from his second marriage was an adultery with a Christian Coutts from Cairnhill his father being Charles Neven no other details on his mother it just says they were never married on his marr cert. As far as I can see Cairnhill and Birse are 30km apart. On Johns marr cert it never mentioned parents just that banns had been read etc. They would technically be brother and sister if it was the same person so it would not be allowed.the Niven is interchangable to Nevin neven nivens .Elizabeth died in 1854 I think cos John remarried in 1855 but no death recorded for her and cant find a death for john. Posted in Kincardineshire forum as well.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=832422.0;topicseen
(Replies on link to prevent duplication)

Thanks
Alex
Gill McIntosh Niven Forbes Taylor Munro (Mainly NE Scotland)

Gould Millar Goddard Watkins Walkden  Bernard Collins Sherriff Tempest
From all over