Author Topic: Course of the illness  (Read 1091 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Course of the illness
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 June 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
Kiltpin, you answered as I was typing mine , sorry to double up on suggestions.
Better twice than not at all ( that goes for lots of things!)
Viktoria.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 June 20 21:25 BST (UK) »
   This has probably been discussed, but I couldn't see an obvious thread.
  I am rather concerned about my daughter, who had the virus (undiagnosed) back in March as far as I remember, and recovered after a few bad days and a couple of weeks feeling wiped out. But in recent weeks, following exertion or stress, she is getting pains in the top of her chest and exhaustion again. Is this recurrence of symptoms a common experience?

Hi again.
Coincidentally, today a junior doctor from my GP surgery phoned me to discuss (of all things) my chest because I have COPD.

You wrote:-
" following exertion or stress, she is getting pains in the top of her chest and exhaustion again "

It seems to me that she's definitely got a problem with her lungs and lack of oxygen means she'll feel extremely tired.   Painful chest used to be known as bronchitis and it's not recommended to leave that untreated.

You need to impress on her that it's VITAL SHE GETS EXPERT ADVICE at the start of a medical problem (which is usually cheaper to treat) and not when the problem gets worse .
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 June 20 21:42 BST (UK) »
  I will try again, though I will probably get told off. Perhaps I will tell her the children are worried, which I think may be true.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 June 20 09:04 BST (UK) »
There are so many weird symptoms around that it makes you wonder.  I had a cold in March, something that I am not generally prone to.  The odd thing was that, in addition to congestion, I had a persistent itching sensation deep inside my ears.  I've never felt that before but, since I had  no fever, I didn't take it seriously.  Then came weeks of strange random, localized pains in my limbs - from mid bicep to fingers and mid-thigh to feet.  These would come and go, first one spot then another, but no pain anywhere else.  That seems to be over now.  At least I hope so.

That's strange because I have had identical symptoms to you.  One day one arm ached all day and night then stopped.  Another day my shoulders ached.  I also had a strange sensation in my ears - it felt as if something was rolling around inside my ear whenever I moved my head.  Then it stopped.  I have also 'crashed' with exhaustion a few times - slept for about 2-3 hours and then was fine again.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 June 20 09:58 BST (UK) »
  I will try again, though I will probably get told off. Perhaps I will tell her the children are worried, which I think may be true.
Top of the Hill, would it help if she saw our posts?
After all you are naturally very concerned for many valid reasons,say ,which is true - that it is really worrying you .
There are enough worries with present day circumstances.
It is natural to want to eliminate as many as you can and you have every right to do that.
You have grandchildren to consider too which I am sure worries you too.
Sincere good wishes with this.
Viktoria.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 June 20 10:20 BST (UK) »
  I have suggested the doctor, but she says there is no point, she just has to get through it. I will try again. And we are still learning about it.

Tell her again that she should contact her GP and that others have said so too.  AS others have said we are finding that people are developing secondary symptoms weeks later, sometimes another illness triggered by covid (at least appears that way).  Many of these are treatable unlike covid itself and will get worse if not treated.  No point suffering when she doesn't have to.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 10 June 20 11:27 BST (UK) »
A number of the people who have answered really know what they are talking about ,are working in it all,and have first hand experience.
I certainly would take their advice were I in the quandary you find yourself in.
I know you see the sense in trying again  for some professional help with this and the problem is with your daughter’s reluctance to be given the “ brush off “ again.But if she is ill she may not be as clear thinking as she normally would be.
I think  I would  go over her head on that basis , and best of luck with the response from the relevant service .
Rather have a fall out with your daughter that can be healed, than regrets.
Sorry to be so negative but we can think this through as we are not emotionally involved ,like you are.
Sincere good wishes to you .
Keep us posted if you can.
Viktoria.