Author Topic: Where to find WW2 Military Records?  (Read 6969 times)

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie Louisa Jones of Aldon, great grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find WW2 Military Records?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 May 22 20:32 BST (UK) »
My dad was Eric Campbell Morgan and served in the South African Tank Corps in the Second World War. He was a corporal and I think his service number was 74629V. I would like to find out more about his service record, as all I know is that he was in East Africa, I think Somaliland and Abyssinia, also Kenya I believe. I don't think he went to North Africa but may be wrong. He was in the army from 30.05.40 to 24.08.45. Any help would be appreciated please.
Morgan, Wilcox, Hulbert, Olive - Gloucestershire; Diggines, Gill, Rivers, Bull, Powell, Howell - Bristol; Hulley, Cawood - Yorkshire and South Africa; Stedman,  Hamar, Luther - Shropshire; Staddon, Rawle, Richards, Kemp -  West Somerset; Jones - Bettws, Montgomeryshire and Mainstone, Shropshire; Williams - Beguildy, Radnorshire; Coleman - Kent; Gradwell, Strickland - Lancashire;  Moodie -  Orkneys; Montgomery - Armagh, Down and Kildare; Parke - Kildare and Wicklow; Brangan - Bandon, Cork.

Offline Gillian Mauchan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Eliza Warr c 1900 Found her she lied about her age
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 May 22 03:37 BST (UK) »
You can apply to SO3 Military Historical Services sandfdoc@mweb.co.za giving them as much information as possible - I have been successful in getting a few records from them
WARR, MAUCHAN, GOWANS,Guest,Whitcomb. Taute, Webb,Pascual

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 May 22 09:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, I'll try that!
Morgan, Wilcox, Hulbert, Olive - Gloucestershire; Diggines, Gill, Rivers, Bull, Powell, Howell - Bristol; Hulley, Cawood - Yorkshire and South Africa; Stedman,  Hamar, Luther - Shropshire; Staddon, Rawle, Richards, Kemp -  West Somerset; Jones - Bettws, Montgomeryshire and Mainstone, Shropshire; Williams - Beguildy, Radnorshire; Coleman - Kent; Gradwell, Strickland - Lancashire;  Moodie -  Orkneys; Montgomery - Armagh, Down and Kildare; Parke - Kildare and Wicklow; Brangan - Bandon, Cork.

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 May 22 11:58 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a PM with the contact details of someone who can get the records for you at a very reasonable cost.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 May 22 12:08 BST (UK) »
Excellent! Thanks so much !