Author Topic: Winifred Betty Stonehouse  (Read 413 times)

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Winifred Betty Stonehouse
« on: Saturday 13 June 20 23:58 BST (UK) »
Winifred was born in New Shildon, Durham on the 4th of April 1913. She was the daughter of Edwin Stonehouse and his 3rd wife Minne Muir, the half-sister of my grandfather.
I have a death date of 21 December 1998 in Aberdeen.
I am hoping someone could steer me in the right direction to find her resting place

Any help much appreciated.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Winifred Betty Stonehouse
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 June 20 09:45 BST (UK) »
Try www.deceasedonline.com.

If you find nothing there, you could try contacting the Aberdeen Crematorium. As far as I know their records are not on Deceased Online. https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/births-deaths-and-ceremonies/deaths-and-bereavement/aberdeen-crematorium

There is a death certificate of Winifred Betty Stonehouse, aged 85, mother's maiden surname Muir, in Aberdeen in 1998. Once Scotland's People is back to 'normal' you can order a copy of the certificate, which will tell you her usual residence on that date.

If it was in Aberdeen or nearby, you could try back numbers of the 'Press and Journal' to see if there was an announcement with funeral arrangments.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 June 20 09:55 BST (UK) »
Saw this earlier online -
The Scotsman, Feburary 28th 1938. Winifred B Stonehouse passed her nursing exam at the Royal Infirmary Aberdeen ( Scotland )

Winifred Betty Stonehouse, Nurse (retired) died 21 December 1998 at Cowdray Club & Fonthill Lodge, Fonthill Road, Aberdeen. aged 85.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Morvenwalker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 June 20 18:35 BST (UK) »
From the British newspaper archive  - funeral service at Garthdee church Aberdeen,  29 Dec. thereafter cremation private. You would have to contact Aberdeen city council to find out what happened to the ashes.   

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 June 20 21:01 BST (UK) »
I had tried Deceasedonline and Find a grave before I posted.
I have a transcription of her death certificate.
I will contact Aberdeen City Council to find her final Resting Place and will check the Funeral notice in the paper at my Libary when I can get there.

Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated.
 Carol in New Zealand
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.