Author Topic: marriage certificates for Scotland prior 1855  (Read 1432 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: marriage certificates for Scotland prior 1855
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 June 20 23:20 BST (UK) »
FreeCen 1841 has this entry www.freecen.org.uk/search_records/5a141ca2f4040b9d6e0574db/thos-mcculloch-1841-ayrshire-ayr-1786-?locale=en

1851 has this entry www.freecen.org.uk/search_records/5902799ae9379091b11772f9/thomas-mcculloch-1851-ayrshire-ayr-1782-?locale=en  I think it is the same Thomas as in 1841. Interesting to see that he showed as married in the 1851 entry, but living by himself.

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maria McCulloch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 June 20 23:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks again.

I am a member of my heritage so I will have a look in the morning.  I would have thought that if there were any matches they would have sent me a notification, so perhaps they do not have one.

I will let you know if I find anything.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 09:46 BST (UK) »
I am a member of my heritage so I will have a look in the morning.
MyHeritage is like Ancestry, FindMyPast, FreeCEN and all the other web sites except Scotland's People. It has transcriptions and indexes, not a complete set of originals. You really need to look at the original document on Scotland's People.

I would have thought that if there were any matches they would have sent me a notification, so perhaps they do not have one.
Judging by the number of supposed matches they sent me when I was a member of MyHeritage, if they haven't sent one it must be because they don't have one.

See also https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714261.0

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.