Author Topic: UK Infection numbers  (Read 6824 times)

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
Re: UK Infection numbers
« Reply #99 on: Monday 06 July 20 15:41 BST (UK) »
Personally, I don't really need to know the number of people who are being tested - I want to know those who actually test positive and the deaths.plus where these are.

Whilst it is obviously critical to know who has tested positive, and the results of their illness to locality, it is impossible to judge the extent of the spread without having a record of the total number of people tested.

For example, 5 people testing positive out of 100,000 tests gives one indication, whilst 5 people testing positive out of 100 tests (i exaggerate for effect, of course) is a very different matter.

And whilst the US President is wont to say the statistics in the US regarding C-19 infection are exaggerated by the tests, and to slow testing down to produce better results - you are able to judge from increased testing whether the number of positive results goes up in line with the extra tests, or whether the number of positive results are increasing above the number of tests carried out.

I gather from More or Less (BBC) that at present in some US locations, increased testing is showing an increased proportion of positives, above that which would be expected.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex