Author Topic: Diary > Friday 26th June  (Read 927 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 26th June
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 June 20 10:21 BST (UK) »
Son came with some shopping ,fresh stuff, but stayed  outside, no hugs etc .
The predicted rainstorm did not come and I had not watered the container plants,however we have had torrential rain since so nothing will be thirsty.

I admire all you busy bees, I am a bit of a drone really. Manana—- I almost don’t want the modified lockdown to end.!
Number  two son is having difficulty with neighbours, very noisy children who
make excessive noise from dawn to dusk.
Son has a bank of five computers ,as he is working from home , with international connections etc .
The warmth in the small room he has as his temporary office is sweltering and yet he has to keep the windows closed because of the noise.
Many other neighbours have complained re the unruly children but the parents seem to delight in making no effort to exercise some control.
They are one of the semis,my son the other half so noise inside as well as outside.
Things have got very nasty even though my son and d in law have been very restrained ,as if the neighbour’s will not be satisfied until there is open confrontation.
Nothing I can do but such extra stress is awful at this difficult time ,you wonder the parents don’t want some  peace and quiet themselves.
Wel haven,t we up North had sone rain!
Phew! Flowers battered and little apples on the grass.

Now a question—- did anyone watch Bethany Hughes on Friday, her Greek Odyssey series - did she get to Ithaca this week ,?that was when my son phoned .
I had the sound off and it looked so interesting .
Have tried to find it but no luck.No good with technology!

Having Smoked salmon in a cream and spinach sauce  with tagliatelle , for tea.
Not hungry this morning ,so no idea what lunch will be as not had breakfast yet,brunch again then!
All washing except what I am  wearing done .
Ironing likewise.
Going to alter a little jacket zi like very much except it dips at the back, meant to but I don’t like that so have  measure and marked ,not cut yet though,to eventually stitch.

Must suss out sewing machine repairers ,but then think why don’t I buy another ,this one might be irreparable if the big clot of cotton has bent or off set anything ,the repair could cost half as much as a new one ,or more .
It’s on zig zag stitch so very choked up.
I deserve it, I has a lonely birthday ,and my husband were he here would be saying ,get a new one , I know he would.
( I could not look in a shop window just  to admire ,he always urged me to get what I admired, never understood I could look without seriously wanting )
So I will look online and treat myself .
Hope you are all well ,and in good spirits,RootsChat is a lifeline isn’t it.

I despair of all the selfish thoughtless people who are not playing fair , they
seem to have no forward thinking mechanism, don’t realise the NHS and it’s wonderful staff are all on their knees yet the selfish idiots take such risks with their own and more importantly the lives of others .

Just going to have a cuppa and do my Tesco delivery list ,hope for a slot.
Tidy my bedroom ,lounge OK as I do that before bed in case I die  in the night ,kitchen ditto but by the time I have made a cup of tea will look as if vandals have been in!
Then what, Classic FM ,TV rubbish all day but I ought not to sit too much, keep,moving .
Will phone the daughter of the people with whom I lived as an evacuee ,she is 92 , and not well . I really want to see her ,we went so often when OH was here ,could do it in the day ,just had to be home before dusk as he had cataracts forming and night vision was not good .
A two hour drive at most .
Well this is not getting on , Flash Harry ( my new nickname for Great Grandson) might phone today , wonder how his zoo is going on.
Gosh he will miss being with his daddy ,my grandson , when he goes to school in September all being well .
So cheerio everyone , look after yourselves and keep smiling ,you get wrinkles whether you smile or frown ,and smile lines are nicer .
Viktoria.
PS, my wrinkles are getting wrinkles of their own!

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 June 20 10:34 BST (UK) »
That sounds like one of the kids in my younger daughter's class Viktoria.  No one is allowed to say no to her.  She does not respect anybody's boundaries.  She slams classmates heads on tables and hits them when they don't immediately do what they're told (by her).  When school disciplines her her dad complains to the school and threatens to take it higher.  I had to leave the Christmas Fair last year because she kept jumping on me and screaming in my face which triggers my anxiety.    Her Dad says saying no and having boundaries stifles her creativity. 
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 June 20 10:41 BST (UK) »
Good morning Viktoria.  :D

It must be horrible for you missing your husband so much.

Thank goodness you do have some attention from other family.

I am considering a new sewing machine as well.  The one I have is about 20 years old, and very heavy. Also extra surface bit which clips on is for ever falling off and it drives me crazy.  I really wish I had kept the very ancient Singer hand machine I had.  Pre round bobbins even.... it had a boat shaped shuttle holder, and it was pretty too.

I found these reviews:
https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/home-appliances/1406705/best-sewing-machines

The Singer at £140 seems like quite a good bet as the £50 model won't do heavy fabrics or curtains it says.

Decisions, decisions!!  :-\
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 June 20 19:25 BST (UK) »
Gosh Pharma, what a little monster!
Thankfully our Flash Harry is not like that,he is pretty good  really, and I sometimes felt his daddy was too stern, but they know him better than I do
and realised how quickly such a bright little boy could used situations to his advantage if allowed.
He is more lively, questioning , and no fear, bold in as much as he is confident
if he knows someone but quite shy until he does.
Remembers everything, do something once and it is forever.
Quite small for his age he seems old fashioned and has funny sayings ,like
“ don’t look at me I did not do it” but that is typical of hereabouts ,and he has been to nursery here in Lancashire  where he would hear other children use those idioms.
I don’t know how parents can even think such a spoilt brat as the one you mentioned is even happy.
Without boundaries and parameters children are insecure and will push and push until boundaries are set.
They are actually quite unhappy.
So the little monster you mentioned although unpleasant to say the least is not a happy bunny!
I knew such a one when an evacuee, she was called Phyllis,and 75 years later I cannot like anyone  named Phyllis.
The memories are too painful.
Well I phoned my granddaughter today, asked would she like my old singer machine ,had been a hand machine but a little motor attached and was marvellous for heavy material.
She said yes,has taught herself to knit ,she is left handed and so neat -
even tension etc.
Cheerio folks, still raining here ,but so what, I am warm, dry ,well fed, and
 apart from worrying about my son,with neighbours whose two children are matches for the one Pharma mentioned .
Working at home with their quarrelling etc going on incessantly is very hard .
So I worry about him as he is very conscientious and works longer hours than were he at work.
Look after yourselves everybody.
Viktoria.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 June 20 22:51 BST (UK) »
Gosh Pharma, what a little monster!
Thankfully our Flash Harry is not like that,he is pretty good  really, and I sometimes felt his daddy was too stern, but they know him better than I do
and realised how quickly such a bright little boy could used situations to his advantage if allowed.
He is more lively, questioning , and no fear, bold in as much as he is confident
if he knows someone but quite shy until he does.
Remembers everything, do something once and it is forever.
Quite small for his age he seems old fashioned and has funny sayings ,like
“ don’t look at me I did not do it” but that is typical of hereabouts ,and he has been to nursery here in Lancashire  where he would hear other children use those idioms.
I don’t know how parents can even think such a spoilt brat as the one you mentioned is even happy.
Without boundaries and parameters children are insecure and will push and push until boundaries are set.
They are actually quite unhappy.
So the little monster you mentioned although unpleasant to say the least is not a happy bunny!
I knew such a one when an evacuee, she was called Phyllis,and 75 years later I cannot like anyone  named Phyllis.
The memories are too painful.
Well I phoned my granddaughter today, asked would she like my old singer machine ,had been a hand machine but a little motor attached and was marvellous for heavy material.
She said yes,has taught herself to knit ,she is left handed and so neat -
even tension etc.
Cheerio folks, still raining here ,but so what, I am warm, dry ,well fed, and
 apart from worrying about my son,with neighbours whose two children are matches for the one Pharma mentioned .
Working at home with their quarrelling etc going on incessantly is very hard .
So I worry about him as he is very conscientious and works longer hours than were he at work.
Look after yourselves everybody.
Viktoria.

It's funny how someone being mean or nasty can completely put you off a name isn't it?
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 June 20 23:53 BST (UK) »
Viktoria- so sorry to hear your son is having such issues with the children next door to him....
It's no joke trying to work with that kind of noise going on around you...
Why aren't they doing any school work during the day time you have to ask yourself at least that would keep them quiet...
Sadly there are non so blind as those who cannot see... and when it comes to their children they can do no wrong...

Pharma- sound like that young girl is seeking attention and only knows how to behave badly to get it...
Sadly it's the parents in both your cases that are the problem not really the children... they will behave like feral creatures if not disciplined properly by the parents to know how they should behave and if they get away with it they'll continue and become even bigger monsters!

I hope that the situation changes with kids going back to school to give your son some relief.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK