Author Topic: Hellary  (Read 441 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hellary
« on: Sunday 28 June 20 00:46 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find any information regarding the HELLARY family. They lived in the Tilbury area and I was told that 2 sons were in the first world war and both were KIA.
 We do not know there names , but there was a sister Florence , and the parents had a farm we think !!
I only have this amount of information and I am hoping that someone can help , but if not that is okay.
 Thanking you,  Regards Annette ellen.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline warncoort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Edward Butcher, son John William 1925
    • View Profile
Re: Hellary
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 June 20 02:43 BST (UK) »
This would be your first stop.
https://www.cwgc.org/find/find-war-dead
Butcher Westmorland and Lancashire
Barton Westmorland and Yorkshire
Trethowan,Reeves Middlesex
Halsall,Green,Charters,Chatterton Lancashire
Smith, Moger, Maxfield Wiltshire
Woods,Speechley and Coles Huntingdonshire
Gibson,Blanks,Monk,Fokes Essex

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 June 20 03:34 BST (UK) »
Firstly, according to CWGC there were no deaths in the name of Hellary in WW1 at all.

I think I may have found the family you refer to.

A George John Hellary (bc.1865) married a Mary Ann Wise 1884 Bethnal Green and they had 4 children:

George Albert b.1886 Old Ford, Middx. - died 1908 Orsett
Herbert Lawrence b.1888 Plaistow, Essex
Florence May b.1893 Plaistow
James William b.1896 Plaistow

By 1901 the family had moved to Stifford, Orsett, Essex (close to Tilbury).

As shown above, eldest son died 1908 Orsett, father George John died 1911 Orsett and his wife in 1931 Orsett.

The 3 remaining children all married in Essex - Herbert Lawrence married Chelmsford 1915, Florence May married a Frank Webb 1916 Orsett and James William didn't marry until 1958
Thurrock.

Florence and Frank had one son - Albert Frank Webb b.1917 - and Florence remarried to a William E. Derbyshire in 1920 Orsett.    With only 1 child from 1st marriage and remarrying 1920 I'm guessing Florence's first husband was killed in WW1?

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 June 20 03:42 BST (UK) »
James William May appear (as J W Hellary) on a casualty list 1917

Modified to add.    By Casualty I mean Wounded. Not killed.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 June 20 04:11 BST (UK) »

To Warncoort, Annette7and Mckha489 Thank you all so much . I  replying to all three of you as I had troble getting to do it for each one of you separate.You have made this search for us very helpful. Now I will try and find the info for the WW1 Hellary. Thanks once again it is much appreciated thanks. ??? :(
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.