Author Topic: Dr Edward Goodrich Acheson who discovered Carborundum  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Edward Goodrich Acheson who discovered Carborundum
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 July 20 22:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for this information and wherever you are in the world please me safe

Kind regards
 ;)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 July 20 21:56 BST (UK) »
thank you everyone, I am looking at Family Search now but I don't know what the letters mean under people's names for e.g. George Wilson Acheson under his name is "LZ8K-G2M" sorry if I am a bit thick but 13 weeks indoors doesn't help.
Kind regards
 ;)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 July 20 22:38 BST (UK) »
I don't know what the letters mean under people's names for e.g. George Wilson Acheson under his name is "LZ8K-G2M"
 ;)
That's just familysearch's person id for George. Edward's is LZ8K-PH2. You don't need it unless you want to search by id.

but 13 weeks indoors doesn't help.
Kind regards
 ;)

chin up, stiff upper lip and all that. The 14th week is the hardest. (Sent from the Northeast US)

Offline dmg234

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am the Great granddaughter of George Wilson Acheson. Edward is my GGG Grandfather. I saw you have a friend who was related to Frances Offen, I haven't been able to find much information on Frances or the Offen's. Frances was my Great grandmother. Perhaps we could touch base to further share some information. Thank you, Denise.