Author Topic: Hartill Wolverhampton  (Read 11441 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Hartill Wolverhampton
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 October 08 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Hiya gjdm

Welcome to Rootschat!

Theres a marriage of a John Hartill to an Ann Price 3.10.1841 on FreeREG which might be your couple

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline gjdm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 October 08 00:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Willow, and thanks for the welcome! Loving it here, what a great forum!
Funny you mention the marriage of John Hartill and Ann Price, I actually just found that myself yesterday! Pretty sure that it has to be the correct one. I found it on freeBMD, not heard of freeREG before - will have to check that out! Thanks again!
Jo  :)
TOWN/S - Oxfordshire, Bilston, Sheffield
HARTHILL - Bilston
HARTSHORN - Bilston
PRICE - Bilston
BRIDDON - Sheffield

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 October 08 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Jo

FreeREG has a lot of Wolverhampton/Bilston records on it - also try Wolverhampton Archives http://www.wolverhamptonarchives.dial.pipex.com/homepage.shtml and http://www.wolverhamptonhistory.org.uk/

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline eevee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 August 09 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, my Hartills are Annie born1878( my great grandmother),daughter of Emma Griffiths(1841) and Henry Hartill(1840) Henry's father is Issac and Mother Mary.
They appear the same as yours. We got the info from Grandmas Family Bible so they appear the same as yours. If anyone can carry my tree back would appreciate the info.
Boylan,Budd,Hartill,Dibble,Buchanan, Abbot,Harper
Webb (actor from 1861 in england),

Offline rubygemstone

• RootsChat Senior
  • Duncombe Family Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 August 09 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi eevee,
             Your family the Hartill's are my belated cousin's through generation's as they married my family the Duncombe's.
Henry 1840 his parent's are Isaac Hartill and Matilda Parkes, his 2nd wife was Mary Walker.
I have the Hartill family line going back to Thomas Hartill 1610-1673 & Elizabeth 1610-1681 and who they married.

Kind Regards
     Ruby
Duncombe's, Dobson's, Davies's & Saunders.
All from the Staffordshire Area.

Offline stannarp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 12 August 09 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruby,

How far have you taken the Hartill line forward in terms of tracking descendants of Thomas (1610) & Elizabeth (1610) - do you per chance have 'my' Thomas in there - he was born abt 1742, apparently Bilston, but I've not found him on any of the PR's that I've looked at for that date in Bilston.

I'm thinking it must be the same family that I'm looking at as the names are all very similar...and I'd love to find which part of the Hartill family he links to :)

My g-g-grandmother was Catherine Hartill b 1829, Bilston.

Regards,

Patricia
Current Research:
RYAN (Waterford, Ireland), BENNETT (Queenstown, South Africa), SELLER (Australia)

Top Surnames:

PHILLIPS (Stithians, Cornwall)
STANNARD (Long Stratton, Norfolk)
CAVE (Milbourne Port, Somerset)
SELLER (Staffordshire)
ROSE (Somerset)
SAUNDERS (Idmiston, Wiltshire)
SADLER (Somerset)
MERCER (Donhead St Andrew, Wiltshire)
VINCENT (Wiltshire)
SPARGO (Stithians, Cornwall)

https://stannardroseza.blogspot.com/

Offline treefreak

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 August 09 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruby

Yes looks like we have the same family.  You're in Willenhall? Majority of my FELLOWS and BANKS were from Willenhall.

Sandra x
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk <br /><br />Brown - Renfrewshire, McCann - Ayreshire and Ireland, Fellows - Bilston and Willenhall, Morris - Tipton, Moody - Coseley/Dudley, Arnold - Tipton, Knowles - Willenhall, Banks - Willenhall, Martin - Tipton, Wolverson - Willenhall<br />:) ;)

Offline rubygemstone

• RootsChat Senior
  • Duncombe Family Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 13 August 09 09:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Patricia,
              I've just looked at my tree and i have'nt got your Thomas 1742 Bilston or Catherine 1829 Bilston.
Later today i'll do some report's from my FTM and see if any of the Hartill's were born in Bilston, which may be of some help to you if there is any.

Regards Ruby
Duncombe's, Dobson's, Davies's & Saunders.
All from the Staffordshire Area.

Offline stannarp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 17 August 09 17:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruby,

Thanks for the effort, I really appreciate it :)

Regards,

Patricia
Current Research:
RYAN (Waterford, Ireland), BENNETT (Queenstown, South Africa), SELLER (Australia)

Top Surnames:

PHILLIPS (Stithians, Cornwall)
STANNARD (Long Stratton, Norfolk)
CAVE (Milbourne Port, Somerset)
SELLER (Staffordshire)
ROSE (Somerset)
SAUNDERS (Idmiston, Wiltshire)
SADLER (Somerset)
MERCER (Donhead St Andrew, Wiltshire)
VINCENT (Wiltshire)
SPARGO (Stithians, Cornwall)

https://stannardroseza.blogspot.com/