Author Topic: leicester shut down  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: leicester shut down
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 18:48 BST (UK) »
From what I've been reading, the majority of infections in the Leicester outbreak are amongst young people who are at school; and it has been alluded to that the reopening of schools could be the reason for this outbreak.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere - it is a bit of a puzzle.

What puzzles me is hearing the percentage of residents in Leicester is aover 50% I've heard 52% and 57% from two different newsreels).  How do these people know there is accommodation and job vacancies if they don't speak English?
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 19:15 BST (UK) »

In other news, concerns over misleading claims being circulated on social media:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53248531

The last paragraph is worth remembering. "Misinformation is frequently shared as a way of informing bias or as a way of criticising political opponents. Always check the source and think about the motive for sharing claims."
Full Fact website is another useful way to check claims.  https://fullfact.org
Cowban

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 21:15 BST (UK) »
zetlander - here's another link to info that was in the Guardian article that you couldn't get to see:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-bradford-and-london-boroughs-among-36-at-risk-areas-that-could-be-just-days-away-from-local-lockdowns-12018594

The table gives  the rates for all the local authorities if you step through using the arrow bottom right of the table
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 21:24 BST (UK) »
On Channel 4 News tonight they claim to have a copy of the Report and say 944 are Positive and claim many cases are in a District (named) of Leicester.

C4 claim the Report says there is no indication yet as to why.

Mark

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 23:36 BST (UK) »

Also I never realised that attacks of Asthma increase during thunder storms anyway.

"There was an increase in GP out-of-hours contacts for difficulty breathing/wheeze/asthma last week, which is likely linked with thunderstorm activity and associated ‘thunderstorm asthma’. "

Humid weather yes, but never realised it was brought on by Thunder Storms.

Mark

Neither did I and I'm asthmatic.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 02 July 20 09:12 BST (UK) »
From what I've been reading, the majority of infections in the Leicester outbreak are amongst young people who are at school; and it has been alluded to that the reopening of schools could be the reason for this outbreak.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere - it is a bit of a puzzle.

What puzzles me is hearing the percentage of residents in Leicester is aover 50% I've heard 52% and 57% from two different newsreels).  How do these people know there is accommodation and job vacancies if they don't speak English?

What makes you think that Leicester residents don't speak English?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 02 July 20 09:17 BST (UK) »
I gather from early morning radio that PHE/NHS are now going to release the test data down to street level*. This is the info that the LAs have been asking for for weeks. If Leicester had had data at this level before, they might have been able to deal with the outbreak earlier.

Deloitte have now been instructed to issue all of the data to LAs.

*ie full post code level
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 02 July 20 10:05 BST (UK) »
I don't usually read the Daily Mail. However, I gathered that they had a scoop:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8481617/PMs-father-Stanley-Johnson-79-jets-Greek-mountain-villa.html

(sorry - a bit off topic but didn't want to start another thread just for this)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 02 July 20 11:05 BST (UK) »
I gather from early morning radio that PHE/NHS are now going to release the test data down to street level*. This is the info that the LAs have been asking for for weeks. If Leicester had had data at this level before, they might have been able to deal with the outbreak earlier.

Deloitte have now been instructed to issue all of the data to LAs.

*ie full post code level

They did a piece yesterday on the BBC and whoever was speaking said that data sharing agreements were currently being signed. So why was data sharing not part of the original contract?? Surely that's the point of doing the testing so that everyone knows what's what??
North East of England