Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 30th June  (Read 791 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 30th June
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 July 20 10:11 BST (UK) »
Not a lot to say about the last couple of days, we have been trying to cut down a tree that has really become overgrown, we don't want to take it down, we just want to give it a good trim, a little job we thought has taken a long time, now we have to get to the dump, poor tree looks sad

We had a real welcome downpour yesterday which halted our tree trim, my water butt is now full and I am a happy bunny, surprising what a downfall does when you are doing almost nothing, I just watched it out of the window, I remember years ago in Newquay, it had been very hot, people were playing ball outside their caravans and it poured with rain, next thing I noticed they had their shorts and swimming trunks on and continued playing  in  the rain, yesterday just reminded me

3rd, not sure if the sun is going to stay out or not but whatever we have to get rid of the tree to the dump, only 1 person allowed out of the car so I don't think I will bother

Enjoy your day folks

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 July 20 10:51 BST (UK) »
QUOTE: " surprising what a downfall does when you are doing almost nothing, I just watched it out of the window, I remember years ago in Newquay, it had been very hot, people were playing ball outside their caravans and it poured with rain, next thing I noticed they had their shorts and swimming trunks on and continued playing  in  the rain, yesterday just reminded me."

Louisa Maud you reminded me of staying at my Granny's with 2 siblings, during the summer holidays when I was about 10.  Long hair to my waist.  Pouring with rain; we were told to put on our swimsuits and go and play in the garden, but I had to wear a rain hat as well.  ;D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 July 20 10:53 BST (UK) »
Laughed about the rain hat

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London