Author Topic: covid 19 question  (Read 501 times)

Offline zetlander

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
covid 19 question
« on: Wednesday 01 July 20 16:38 BST (UK) »
2 weeks ago bad cold/sweating etc.  1 week on had covid check - negative .
Now gradually getting better but still feel unwell.

My q. is when in the whole covid process do you test negative - is it when the last symptom goes or can you test negative half way through your illness. i.e. you can be suffering the after effects but test negative.

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
Re: covid 19 question
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 17:04 BST (UK) »
The C-19 test can product false negatives, and I understand if you are tested shortly after developing symptoms there
is also a chance that you do not have enough virus in your system to show up in a test.

So it's possible if you have symptoms in line with the virus that you do have it.  I should continue to self-isolate, and take care of yourself - other people have also reported feeling a bit better after a couple of weeks, and then feeling much worse again.

Keep monitoring your symptoms and keep in touch with 111 to check how you should be looking after yourself and if you need another test.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline zetlander

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: covid 19 question
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 19:27 BST (UK) »
The C-19 test can product false negatives, and I understand if you are tested shortly after developing symptoms there
is also a chance that you do not have enough virus in your system to show up in a test.

So it's possible if you have symptoms in line with the virus that you do have it.  I should continue to self-isolate, and take care of yourself - other people have also reported feeling a bit better after a couple of weeks, and then feeling much worse again.

Keep monitoring your symptoms and keep in touch with 111 to check how you should be looking after yourself and if you need another test.

thanks - so much about this virus that we don't know about.