Author Topic: The Nicholson Family of New Building and Ardmore.  (Read 1760 times)

Offline caitlynn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Nicholson Family of New Building and Ardmore.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 10 July 20 13:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this further information. I have also come across Sarah, but I believe that she is the daughter of James, Williams older brother and 1st cousin to James William Frederic. I also have a John
Nicholson married to a Margaret, with a daughter Susan, but can find no connection with the rest of the family. Still finding the age difference between Edward and William hard to explane. I think there most be a link that is missing

Offline tecnicholson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 January 24 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Dear Caitlyn,
I think I can help, being a Nicholson brought up in Ardmore!
My grandfather was Cyril Nicholson of Beech Hill (died in 1962 I believe)
He had three children - Felicity Nicholson (born 1929 - 2017), Michael Nicholson my father (born 1933 - died 2023) and Thomas Nicholson (1935-2020)
My father Michael Nicholson inherited Beech Hill, where we lived until 1986, when it was sold and converted into a hotel. He became a High Court judge in Northern Ireland at that time, and it was sadly too dangerous to be able to live there.
I am interested to study the family history, particularly since my father has just died a few months ago.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 23 January 24 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.
Nicholson, Cyril Anthony de Lacy of Beechill Ardmore county Londonderry Queens Counsellor died 2 May 1963 at Hotel Mirimar Mohammedia Casablanca Morocco Probate Belfast 10 December to Eleanor Gerad Nicholson the widow. Effects £40993 5s.

Nicholson, Frances Agnes Lucy of Beechill county Londonderry widow died 4 May 1948 Administration Belfast 21 November to Cyril Anthony de Lacy Nicholson Queen's counsel. Effects £1125 18s. 7d.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!